"PRODUCTION" TURRET KING TIGER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
c.rainford73
Major

Re: "PRODUCTION" TURRET KING TIGER

Post by c.rainford73 »

Herman this is the first time I'm seeing your octopus king tiger and it is absolutely stunning!

Really well done
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, the T-90 electronics fitted in this gave me tracks, turret rotation and nothing else. :/
I just dont have the patience or mindset right now to try to make this system work. :-<
I will get a new 2.4 set for it so it works reliably, & dress up the bits I think need improvement, and leave it at that.

The T-90 system will very likely get the heave-ho
Or, I will have to send the Jagdtiger with the T-90 kit to someone that can make it work..................

At least this one will be a much better runner and not suffer from the wiggle that the older Rx 18 sets do at times.

I love the new H/L system but just cannot get it to work in older tanks........................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Well, the T-90 electronics fitted in this gave me tracks, turret rotation and nothing else. :/
I just dont have the patience or mindset right now to try to make this system work. :-<
I will get a new 2.4 set for it so it works reliably, & dress up the bits I think need improvement, and leave it at that.

The T-90 system will very likely get the heave-ho
Or, I will have to send the Jagdtiger with the T-90 kit to someone that can make it work..................

At least this one will be a much better runner and not suffer from the wiggle that the older Rx 18 sets do at times.

I love the new H/L system but just cannot get it to work in older tanks........................
Mr Herman I know you picked up that Taigen Tiger ( donor tank) tank. Did it come with electronics?

If so you could set these up inside the Jagdtiger or this king tiger and then add the Beier sound card ( at your leisure) that Mr Tiggr and I have been fiddling with. At least you can get true sounds that you will love without all the electrical overhaul you don't want.Image

Or simply add the 2.4ghz electronics without the sound card so you have all the functions you need.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes Sir, but that Tiger was kindly loaned by its owner to assist in sorting out my issues..............not to pilfer the guts out of it & run off laughing into the darkness !!!!! :O
I've fitted a new smoker that was also destined for the JT, so outside of a really dedicated shot at getting the new H/L system to work, its going in a box & will be fitted with a Gen 3 - 2.4G system so I can at least use it on tank days.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Yes Sir, but that Tiger was kindly loaned by its owner to assist in sorting out my issues..............not to pilfer the guts out of it & run off laughing into the darkness !!!!! :O
I've fitted a new smoker that was also destined for the JT, so outside of a really dedicated shot at getting the new H/L system to work, its going in a box & will be fitted with a Gen 3 - 2.4G system so I can at least use it on tank days.
Herman you are a funny man! Image I just visualized that whole scene in my mind and got a big laugh out of it!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re:

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Yes Sir, but that Tiger was kindly loaned by its owner to assist in sorting out my issues..............not to pilfer the guts out of it & run off laughing into the darkness !!!!! :O
Herman you are a funny man! Image I just visualized that whole scene in my mind and got a big laugh out of it!
You may , but Im sure that if the Tigers owner suspects he may lose its vital organs to a vagrant Kiwi with a lost cause- he would shit his pants :haha: :haha: :shifty: !!

I just want it to F'n work, is that too much :/ :D

For me- yes, yes it is.....................

Wires = the smoke goes in the red ones :shh:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Okay. Got to ask.
Why is the KT called Octopus ?

We are all willing you on to get the dual sound working Mr B
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tiggr wrote:Okay. Got to ask.
Why is the KT called Octopus ?

We are all willing you on to get the dual sound working Mr B
Oh the octopus Camofloge pattern...

Not one of Herman's names for his private bitsImage I hope lol....
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Dear old HB. I'm still a wee bit puzzled about the 'T90 into KT won't go scenario-' in terms of electronic transplants. They have the same features and, apart from differences in wire colours, with a different 8-pin setup, should make for a happy marriage (... I had one of those once... :lolno: Couldn't even blame the tanks for it failing either. :lolno: ).
But given the realities you've had to face up to, I'm not surprised that you want to keep the head scratching to a minimum. Just out of interest, did the T90 kit work properly in a T90? (Was it flawless, i mean). Could be the MFU is f**cked, of course. I must get one of those tanks to have a really good look at the layout; or, maybe I'll wait until it appears in a Tank I only have one- or no example- of..
Good of someone allowing you to do a spot of anatomical study and dissection, on their beloved Tiger. There are some good hearts behind the unknown faces on this board :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, I have removed the wires from the plugs and tried what I believe to be every combination of connections onto the new 8 pin board.
I can get tracks, turret rotation, but no elevation and the smoker unit runs but has no control(runs constantly)
The Jagdtiger I can understand the recoil system not working as it's a major organ transplant, but on a standard HL elevation and smoker not able to be enabled ??
Droning me to the drink it is
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”