"PRODUCTION" TURRET KING TIGER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: "PRODUCTION" TURRET KING TIGER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soeren wrote:Whooo, I almost missed out on that. What a cute tank. Sooo tempting.
Thanks Mr Soeren, the so called 'Octo-Kingtiger' is quite an enigmatic machine.
No one knows why its the only one with the paint job the way it was
No one knows why its got a mix of very late and 'normal' production features
It had such a short life, yet the left side guards are in a bad way
No one knows how or when the strange Swastika was applied or by whom
The crew roster is a mystery, although there is much conjecture as to its commander

Going by the fables that surround it, the tank was in a commanding position , but was allegedly bought undone by a local that guided an allied unit around behind it.Why the hell would that happen ?
To me, a King Tiger on a bridge approach NOT to be taken out by air interdiction is odd considering the alleged losses inflicted by it on the units in the vicinity !

I have always wanted to do one of these, and my initial go at it was plain, but with a redo, its come good.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: "PRODUCTION" TURRET KING TIGER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

doc larsson wrote:great job herman

on close inspection those octo rings look quite aboriginal Sooperb tank m8 :thumbup:

Thanks Doc..............Im not sure about the 'Abo' thing, being a Kiwi & all, but as for an agricultural application of a camo scheme on a powerful late war AFV , its is so out-there so as to defy understanding.
A factory that made these had one or two individuals that took it on themselves to send a machine out with an unsanctioned, unauthorised paint cover.
That by itself is worthy of discussion, as the regimented production protocols of such precious military assets would have/was governed by rules and regs to ensure the best possible future for each machine.
Yet despite this, a King tiger makes it out of a factory against the rules, and for that matter, against the odds ............
If I had a Tardis, to go back to the moment this tank was ready to have its paint applied and listen tom the rational behind the decision would be pure gold.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”