munitionsschlepper Pz III

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

munitionsschlepper Pz III

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tigers in the field needed support units to operate effectively.
It seems fitting that an H/L Pz III can make a suitable Munitionsslepper for the White Tiger.

This one is going to have Winterketten, because it can, and the fact that as it supports the showcase weapon system, it requires a bit more priority.

Hope this can be as Mr Alpha puts it "A Quickie"!!
Attachments
P7221314.JPG
P7221313.JPG
P7221311.JPG
img4292[1].jpg
img4292[1].jpg (82.98 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
07432[1].jpg
07432[1].jpg (45.48 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
02180[1].jpg
02180[1].jpg (25.91 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
1[1].jpg
1[1].jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: munitionsschlepper Pz III

Post by ALPHA »

You know I have to ask Herman..... Skirts or no Skirts :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ahh !!!..............the wardrobe section judges are still out on that one.
I want to do skirts, but I will have to confirm dates on when these would have been servicing the 505th & if they had skirts on at that stage or not.
The PzIII with the side skirts as a schlepper would be very cool though.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Verdict in, yes, with skirts.
'100' can be seen in the last period picture-with schlepper sans skirts. I neglected to absorb my own advice when searching for pictures. According to the sources, this shot of '100' (white Tiger) was after the subject photo I went off, so the skirts can stay in the plan.
Oh carp, more work :wtf:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think: ...You got a dilemma on your hands then Herman..........If there are skirts...there won't be room for the Ostketten :O

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

They will fit................Ive seen StuG III's with winterketten & skirts.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I'm not certain of this Herman... but I recall seeing a reference leading to the existence of a thinner version of the Ostketten... the ones that are produced for RC tanks are the larger bladed versions .... I'm not saying it's impossible to make the Schurtzen .... but the mounts will have to extend quite far from the hull
This is my Stug.... and the hull extends further onto the fenders than on the Panzer III...I think it will look ok with schurtzen... but dang ...those supports will have to be pretty long lol 8O

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herman here I go again trying to teach an old dog new tricks, the munitionsslepper and the berg panzer share a lot of the upper hull and this site sells the large round hatch for £7 plus postage worldwide, an-bri-rc-modellbau
on e-bay. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Herman here I go again trying to teach an old dog new tricks, the munitionsslepper and the berg panzer share a lot of the upper hull and this site sells the large round hatch for £7 plus postage worldwide, an-bri-rc-modellbau
on e-bay. shaun
Herman cheat... and use a resin cover???????????????????...............nah :haha: :haha: :haha: I would imagine his build cries out for "real wood"...in which a coping saw ..compass... wire brush... and nerves of steel are the only requirement ;) .................... :D

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

ALPHA wrote:I'm not certain of this Herman... but I recall seeing a reference leading to the existence of a thinner version of the Ostketten... the ones that are produced for RC tanks are the larger bladed versions .... I'm not saying it's impossible to make the Schurtzen .... but the mounts will have to extend quite far from the hull
This is my Stug.... and the hull extends further onto the fenders than on the Panzer III...I think it will look ok with schurtzen... but dang ...those supports will have to be pretty long lol 8O

ALPHA

I think the ones you have in that picture ALPHA are winterketten, they are longer than the ostketten to try and spread the tanks weight even further in snow. I believe Taigen have made both ostketten and winterketten versions, Welshdragon has stocked both but not at the moment

http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/panz ... -116-c.asp

Return to “Heng Long Builds”