'Maxene' redux

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

'Maxene' redux

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Got a pair of the black steel gearboxes in from Dave at Forgebear for 'Maxene'. The tank came with the white metal set and a better pair of boxes was something I wanted to add after the M4A1 redo was complete. Well, the M4A1 is pretty much finished up as of last night and the gearboxes showed up in the post today. Pretty good timing. I also have a resin box and ammo set for the .50 cal and I want to do a mod for the HL metal idlers that Sassgrunt suggested. This is all regular stuff and should be done well before the arrival of the KV-2 parts I have started to collect.. I'll try to show the improvements as they go. Pictures:
Attachments
Should be an improvement over the white metal gearboxes
Should be an improvement over the white metal gearboxes
M4A3 (105) black steel boxes from Forgebear
M4A3 (105) black steel boxes from Forgebear
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: 'Maxene' redux

Post by ALPHA »

She's going to run smooth with those :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just a reminder Painless... those bushings are on their way...you won't need to wait though they slide right into the hull...if it were another tank... you would have to drill out the hole in the hull to 1/2 in :D :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

I'll keep that in mind, Alpha. ;o) I'll have Mike give me a demo while he is here. ;o) I had errands to run after work today so all I did upon coming home was get out the charger to give both of the Shermans a full charge to show off with this weekend. A quick picture to show both side by side.
Attachments
In The Mood and Maxene
In The Mood and Maxene
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:I'll keep that in mind, Alpha. ;o) I'll have Mike give me a demo while he is here. ;o) I had errands to run after work today so all I did upon coming home was get out the charger to give both of the Shermans a full charge to show off with this weekend. A quick picture to show both side by side.
Now that's a great shot Painless.... it really highlights the weathering you did :clap:

But isn't this Maxene's thread :think: ........ :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: ...no worries... I'll keep it under my hat :D

I assume Maxene has her new drive in ?...I will definitely have to get a couple of sets for my Shermans... they are so darn quiet :O

Carpe Diem Painless Image

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening,
'Maxene' gets her new drive and .50 cal upgrades this weekend. Lawn work is already done so I will have a couple of hours free to work on her. I am looking forward to seeing her run with the new gearboxes in place. She will feature as background scenery during 'In The Mood's Show-Off thread. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Evening,
'Maxene' gets her new drive and .50 cal upgrades this weekend. Lawn work is already done so I will have a couple of hours free to work on her. I am looking forward to seeing her run with the new gearboxes in place. She will feature as background scenery during 'In The Mood's Show-Off thread. ;o)
regards,
Painless

.................... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

*chuckles* Sorry to make you wait, my Friend. ;o) Today was a day for tanks tho'. The black steel gear boxes were a direct drop in for 'Maxene' and tremendously improved the handling and control of the tank. I took the time to count links on both tracks and make sure that there were the same amount on both. There were but I did find a couple of reversed links on one which I corrected. The sprockets on these gearboxes sit a little bit forward as opposed to the ones I replaced so I left the idlers and number of links of the track alone. Finally, I took the time to clean up and add a couple of really cool items that shipped in with Sassgrunt from Hawaii. Pictures:
Attachments
2nd Sherman thread of the day...done
2nd Sherman thread of the day...done
Not a happy fella' even after I repaired his BAR
Not a happy fella' even after I repaired his BAR
ditto for the Driver's side
ditto for the Driver's side
A new addition to the tank
A new addition to the tank
'Maxene' redone
'Maxene' redone
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Sgt Rock needs a smoke

It doesn't make him any happier... But that's the Sarge :haha:

:D

Have a good one Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA

ps. MAXENE... stunning
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

From rctank.de comes another little piece of 'Maxene's detail, a map case to replace the canteen the commander has been holding: Pictures:
Attachments
Map Case for 'Maxene's Commander.jpg
Map Case for 'Maxene's Commander.jpg (72.47 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
Post from Germany.jpg
Post from Germany.jpg (97.53 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Thu May 29, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”