'Maxene' redux

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: 'Maxene' redux

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

You do have an eye for detail painless, superb :clap:

regards john :wave:
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

You do have an eye for detail painless, superb :clap:

regards john :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
One day, 'Maxene' will get the IR\recoil turret that I had wanted to start out with years ago. For now, her main gun throws shot at a blistering speed. As long as the original electronics are in the tank, the BB shot function will remain ( redoing all the detail on a new turret will be 'interesting at any rate ) Max, the General tanks on out on the Big Island. ;o) I chat with him periodically.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, John,
Much appreciated, Doc. I am following along on your current build. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Today I got a chance to do a short video out in the 'Rough' so as to show how much better 'Maxene' tracks with those metal, adjustable idlers installed. She is a real rock cruncher with no sideways slop at the idler and no idler unscrewing itself in reverse. I am completely pleased. She can hold her own now with the M36-B1 and the Late Tiger 1 as far as running in gritty, rocky conditions goes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqU2Qo6QIRc
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Back in 2018 when I made that 'rock crunching' video with 'Maxene', she dropped one of her turret packs off the stowage rail. I have looked for that thing for almost 2 years with no luck ( just sort of glancing down when I walked across the lot ). A couple of weeks ago, voila! There it was, missing the brass mount and with all of the desert yellow gone off of the pack. Only the Tamiya primer and the silver buckles retained their color. A little paint and a better retention method and 'Maxene' has her pack back. Goes to show that we shouldn't give up on things,
( and also how incredibly hard the soil is in my lot...that pack would have been buried in anyone else' yard ;o)
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
One of Sass' figures donated to the original Build.jpg
One of Sass' figures donated to the original Build.jpg
A good looking Sherman.jpg
A good looking Sherman.jpg
Maxene on my Desk.jpg
Maxene on my Desk.jpg
Found and repainted Pack to the left and original paint on the right.  Time is the applied Wash here..jpg
Found and repainted Pack to the left and original paint on the right. Time is the applied Wash here..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”