First big build! Heng Long tiger 1

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Re: First big build! Heng Long tiger 1

Post by Tiggr »

Nice work Ferny.
It's funny how camo varies slightly from tank to tank. Your Tiger is another variation on the theme. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
plunderer
Recruit

Post by plunderer »

Hi there, a great series of posts on this thread that are going to help me for sure. I bought my HL Tiger 1 from a yard sale and have just this very minute taken out the batteries after running it for the first time. What a hoot! The darn thing does about 80mph and spins like a dervics on PCP. ALL that has to change, but along with all the things that you've done, it is starting to look to me like I should buy a complete new tank with metal everything and 2.4Gb radio... By the time I've done all the upgrades that may well be the most cost-effective thing to do, except I wouldn't have had the fun of doing it all.

Your opinion counts!

Best

tac plunderer
Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

plunderer wrote:Hi there, a great series of posts on this thread that are going to help me for sure. I bought my HL Tiger 1 from a yard sale and have just this very minute taken out the batteries after running it for the first time. What a hoot! The darn thing does about 80mph and spins like a dervics on PCP. ALL that has to change, but along with all the things that you've done, it is starting to look to me like I should buy a complete new tank with metal everything and 2.4Gb radio... By the time I've done all the upgrades that may well be the most cost-effective thing to do, except I wouldn't have had the fun of doing it all.

Your opinion counts!

Best

tac plunderer
I would buy a new one, if I knew what I knew now lol as it would have been cheaper but not as much fun@

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
plunderer
Recruit

Post by plunderer »

Sounds like a plan to me.....I'll get Mrs Plunderer in a good mood, hopefully. I just added up what new gearboxes, a Benedini sound system [this one is devoid of any sound system], 2.4Gb upgrade and metal hull lower and upper with spiffy roadwheels and drive spockets + idlers...and all those details parts!!!!!!! Sheesh, I could buy a new car, well, almost.

Best

tac plunderer

Return to “Heng Long Builds”