"WHITE TIGER"

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: "WHITE TIGER"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

billpe wrote:The netting looks good. Top tip there.
Thanks mate, unlikely source,,but effective. Tu-tu filling !!, dont be afraid to ask :{
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote:What I want to see is photos of Herman making the purchase :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Oh hell yeah !! NOT !!
A picture of calm masculinity................screaming kid and in the haberdashery section, looking lovingly at tu-tu material.
A picture I would have looked :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Herman,
Good Morning. That's actually very cool looking. Good Job, Sir!
regards,
Painless
Cheers mate, I reckon there are a few of those coming on next builds. Seems to add a bit more character to them.
I also used a little rubber band to put around the crown of one and painted it on. Looks right for the wider foliage bands they put on.
Its a bit of a tangent, but worth the extra effort in the end I reckon.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
ALPHA wrote:What I want to see is photos of Herman making the purchase :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Oh hell yeah !! NOT !!
A picture of calm masculinity................screaming kid and in the haberdashery section, looking lovingly at tu-tu material.
A picture I would have looked :wtf:
:haha: :haha: Maybe an accompanying audio track :haha: :haha:
Someone must have been having a giggle ol' time :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, I'm going to call it lads. Got 3 other projects waiting to be done & one of those is the new H/L King Tiger.
I added the helmets, dry brushes the WW on them and let them set.
Did take a liberty with the positioning of the bin helmets, and the net covered one of course was not in the subject picture, but I like it.
Took a few shots out in the tropical 'winter' we have here now (looks like Hawaii I would say) which poor ole Whitey looked like a prawn on a lawn, but these shots highlighted a few spots to weather & winterise before any show off type post.
There is an ice skating ring in Surfers Paradice that is the closest thing I can get to any actual snow, might have to take him on a field trip :haha:
I am going to do the damaged house for the display base, just need to juggle time as you all can understand.
Still want to do periscope blocks, but these can go in any time with the opening hatches.

Tiger '100' of the Schwere Abteilung 505 - Russia ,Winter 1943
Thanks for your kind coments & constructive critiques, I appreciate it. :thumbup:
Attachments
P9141454.JPG
P9141453.JPG
P9141452.JPG
P9141451.JPG
P9141450.JPG
P9141449.JPG
P9141448.JPG
P9141447.JPG
P9141446.JPG
P9141445.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
All the Kudos for the day, my Friend! The Tiger is the essence of the photo. I'll be watching your other builds and waiting for construction to go up on the wintry shack Diorama base.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I'd say you're right on the money Herman :thumbup:

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herman thank you for this build, if nothing else you have saved my liver for a few more years, I shall be getting in the biscuits and cashew nuts as we settle down to follow the next adventure through this coming winter. A great build which never got beyond my limited mental abilities to take in. :clap: :clap: :clap: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Great build Herman, and the end result is very close to the target picture :thumbup: :thumbup: 8) . I like all the little details you have added into this, and will have to now wait patiently for the damaged house. :D :D

Once again great build, and I am looking forward to the new KT. I think a Henschal Turret KT is in my future too when funds allow. Will probably try and do one from 511 S Abt. I am a big fan of 502 S Abt, but I believe they became 511 before or when they received their allocation of KTs.
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

yes one has to say it is something ...... if one is good a painting a background scene ,or good at a montage then your tank could be mistaken for the real job, get ones drift old chap ......wot wot ........

Return to “Heng Long Builds”