"WHITE TIGER"

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

"WHITE TIGER"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Went to a large shopping centre today to get bits & pieces to build a diorama base to sit the jagd panther on when its not being used etc. Because the world had a rush on iceblock sticks that were not pre-coloured, I had to do the entire length of the damn place to the furtherest store away from the end where I left the car.
About 3/4 of the way up, I passed a temporary boothy-kiosk type joint that had a very bored Asian lad in it doing his best to very likely update his social media staus to "bored-shitless"

There in the case was a Tiger 1 with as the price sticker indicated had 'metal wheels and chain' for $230
I went off on the mission to get the iceblock sticks & came back. Status was now clearly updated to "almost comatose"
I interupted his stupor & asked for a closer look at the tiger in the window (the one with the wagg- ely tail !!)and he lethargically did.
Yes it had steel drive & idler wheels, and the chain was in fact tracks - steel and apart from bright silver correct to the early build year of the rest.
I saw these thing here for $285 AUD before xmas, now its $230AUD so you know what was comming !
"it looks like it will break mate" "no-no it good-no break" "ok, you sure ?" " yes I sure" "righto-$200 is all I have .
"no-no you to cheap" ...........yes mate, I am, but $200 is it or i'm off.
Hmm, (process of thought to calculate his boss imports these for like $5 bucks or so and this is a good earn just after the hoo-haa of xmas when punters are tighter than a fishes butt).
"ok, you got good deal" and he gets one in the box out from under the counter. Not the demo one I was expecting.
Got it home, looked for a bit of subject material on the net and greeted the wife with a Tiger 1 box by the garage door when she got home !!
Well that wasnt so smart, but I've still got it eh !!!!
So, heres the subject I want to do.
Wish me luck
Attachments
WHITE TIGER 1.jpg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: "WHITE TIGER"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

http://offizierhashem.deviantart.com/ar ... -271348856
sOORY LADS, FORGOT THE PHOTO CREDT.(above)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You can't trust those Russian partisans, I see they have had his jack away, "Guard found fast asleep in the barn!!!"
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

!, Old Gunther the driver might have sold it for a decent warm hat !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

you want to build a run-down old barn ? where's the skill lol !
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

One things for sure, accurate foliage is always a problem on any model, but I think I can pull off getting the tree right on this one !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi,
That is a very good deal !!.... Is it an RX-18 version ??.... because that equates to only £106.81....... WOW and from a shop !
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Says it is, but I wont know for sure until I get into the guts of it. Will do heavy springs, and a 4:1 reduction all steel gearbox-the one in it now is metal but not steel.
Pretty happy with getting it on the walk past impulse buy scenario, but its attracted the ire of 'her-indoors' because she knows what's ahead !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

A glimpse of the future. :D
Got to complete the static diorama base for the JP before getting on with the T/1
Got an idea in mind for a small dio that got me a first prise in a very-very local Monogram hobby comp back in NZ in around 1983. Used a 1/35 PzKfw IV with Schurzen ................not a JP without.! (shall see)If its a basket case balls up, you guys will never know !!
The HL T/1 will be a lot more involved, and I have a Hachette Tiger to do as well. Taken me literally years to get all the issues as you guys will know, and now I have to put it together.
I am just not cut out to do a full interior detailed build etc Jack Daniels do not produce enough product to keep me calm enough :haha: :haha:
So it will be exterior only and might end up being a donor tank for necessary parts to get the HL T/1 looking like the subject picture within reason.
Hell Hath No Fury Like The Wrath of a Woman That Has Gone To The Newsagent For Two And a Half Years to get this thing ready to build fo me NOT to get it done >:< >:<
Attachments
P1191204.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Honeymoon in '09
I heard Vimoutiers was picturesque at this time of the year.Took the new Bride on a drive in the french countryside.
The brawl that formed the world as we know it and the hardware that played its part in it will have been lost on most normal tourist types.
Sad though it was, it was very real, and was a highlight of the trip that I wanted since I was 6 years old. :D
Attachments
Trip 2 085.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”