"JAGD"- KAMPFWAGON 173 REDO

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: "JAGD"- KAMPFWAGON 173

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cheers Mr Reaper.............I think the time that went into those chicken legs could have been better spent elsewhere, but once you commit, thats it eh.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

These are it, I'm pretty well done with the Jagd-Katze and its display base. Might chuck a bit of timber in here & there and at some stage a crew/commander figure, but for now he can sit 'waiting to exact a heavy toll on the invaders'
Attachments
DSCF0691.JPG
DSCF0692.JPG
DSCF0687.JPG
DSCF0680.JPG
DSCF0677.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

hate the resizing thing.................
"The Patient Fox Gets the Chickens"

Thanks for watching.
Attachments
DSCF0688.JPG
DSCF0684.JPG
DSCF0691.JPG
DSCF0683.JPG
DSCF0681.JPG
Last edited by HERMAN BIX on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
It is a thing of beauty, including the chickens. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:O NO SKIRTS? :haha: :haha: :haha: Just kidding Herman... that finished base is pretty impressive... what's even more interesting is your anti aircraft armor sitting on the rear... they look like a Bistro setting from a certain angle ...added urban camo could be added... a draped table cloth...perhaps some bottles of wine and loaf of bread ;)

ALPHA
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

The chickens are such a great addition to what was already a super build and project.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote::O NO SKIRTS? :haha: :haha: :haha: Just kidding Herman... that finished base is pretty impressive... what's even more interesting is your anti aircraft armor sitting on the rear... they look like a Bistro setting from a certain angle ...added urban camo could be added... a draped table cloth...perhaps some bottles of wine and loaf of bread ;)

ALPHA
With 'legs' like these, if ya got em-flaunt em !!
Think of it like mines got a real short skirt & high heals on..................and the poor old Shermans are stuck with Nanas old bloomers.
Funny you mentioned the bistro setting, I actually dragged out sveral old bits & toyed with the idea of a vehicle parked up and the crew taking some R & R on the rear deck...............as I dont yet have any crew figures this would have been odd, but the concept would still roll with American GI's using the rear as a patio & bar while catching some rays & takin a load off after the action had moved on.
I mucked about with painted blue tack to see if it would make any form of useful but temporary 'miliput' shAPES and its plausible.
Back in my other life I won a model comp with a 1/35th Monogram Panzer IV that had a Frau chasing it off with a broom after it broke through her fence & caught all the washing on the line................that all started from finding the Frau (or a figure that looked like one) in a toy shop & going from there. Ahh the good ole days.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
ALPHA wrote::O NO SKIRTS? :haha: :haha: :haha: Just kidding Herman... that finished base is pretty impressive... what's even more interesting is your anti aircraft armor sitting on the rear... they look like a Bistro setting from a certain angle ...added urban camo could be added... a draped table cloth...perhaps some bottles of wine and loaf of bread ;)

ALPHA
With 'legs' like these, if ya got em-flaunt em !!
Think of it like mines got a real short skirt & high heals on..................and the poor old Shermans are stuck with Nanas old bloomers.
:think: ...I have to admit... Panthers are my favorite Axis tank...both Jagd and regular...but I will lay old preferences aside ... as at times the Shermans with or without skirts... are pretty sexy as well...they have tighter rear ends... and some even sport bust lines ...where..Panthers are rather flat... with fat bottoms :haha: :haha:
Funny you mentioned the bistro setting, I actually dragged out sveral old bits & toyed with the idea of a vehicle parked up and the crew taking some R & R on the rear deck...............as I dont yet have any crew figures this would have been odd, but the concept would still roll with American GI's using the rear as a patio & bar while catching some rays & takin a load off after the action had moved on.
I mucked about with painted blue tack to see if it would make any form of useful but temporary 'miliput' shAPES and its plausible.
Back in my other life I won a model comp with a 1/35th Monogram Panzer IV that had a Frau chasing it off with a broom after it broke through her fence & caught all the washing on the line................that all started from finding the Frau (or a figure that looked like one) in a toy shop & going from there. Ahh the good ole days.
It's this shot that made me think of the Bistro
I had to do a double take...to make sure those weren't tables chairs and crates on the rear deck lol especially with the tree in the background ...it would be the clever crew... that could cover the main bulkhead with a bistro style awning... and dress the rest up for dining ...perfect for the wandering overhead reconnaissance plane ;)

I give you credit for even making a diorama style base...I don't think I would have the patience let alone the space...but she looks great as it stands...the bistro thing... it was just a thought ;)

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

For me the Deutche - Panzer later models are comparrable to the gym-junkies, angular, devoid of excess curves , and packed with power.
the Shermans kind of fit into that ,voluptuous' rounded shape that has more body but that bit doesn't really contribute anything !!
The bistro scene could really work with G.I's With the dreaded 'Jabos' ever present there would be no way a German crew could afford to be so complacent.
I might just get some bits and personnel together & see how this rolls.
Anyone got a line on American 1/16th figures, ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

My steel gear sets arrive tomorrow. Now I can repair the infamous 'squark -of-doom' from the standard nylon gears that stripped the first time I ran him up. Im terrified the repair process will impact on the finish, but its necessary and I should be able to repair any 'maintenance' damage hopefully.
Got any tips for opening up a finished Jagd for minimal pain ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”