"JAGD"- KAMPFWAGON 173 REDO

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: "JAGD"- KAMPFWAGON 173 REDO

Post by Estnische »

Nicely done. You will have to make some stuff to store in it since the lid opens - you know, to pay off the curiosity of someone who looks. Maybe a miniature Tiger Fibel?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Morning "guy from the Gong" :wave:
Good point..............perhaps a lazily stowed Zeltbahn and a gasmask container :think: :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

:clap: :thumbup:
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Nice work on the stowage box, Herman. I've been interested in trying some brass work, but I don't know really where to start. Where'd you get the solder paste stuff? I've not seen something similar at Jaycar.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You have to ask for it. Jay car keep it out the back in a fridge. As do I now.
I shit you not, it's THE best thing since sliced bread, because sliced bread will not solder little parts with low heat !!
I'm sure if you ask them, they will have it.
Oh, and the stencils, the eBay account has gone for now. Not sure if they are on holiday or otherwise, but the guy that got them for me cannot locate the vendor at present.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance, as they were really good(not that I actually used them) but he is keeping an eye out in case the vendors pop back up again.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Indeed you have to ask. I walked in and there serving, was this attractive young woman who was most unlike her sweaty pale male counterparts. I admit I was thinking she was employed as eye-candy, but I asked her anyway and she said: " I know exactly where the solder paste is, I never thought we had any, but it's kept in the back fridge!"
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And it is indispensable for the likes of us.
I prepped the area on the fighting compartment where the box was to go.
Removed paint & clear coat.............and roughed up the surface to 'key' in the gel super glue.
Also really roughed up the brass area on the box.

Bunged on the gel and placed it :shifty:
Love the look, position is right, she will drill.................

Covered it with a wash of MIG 1000 brown for dark yellow, and dusted over with dark earth.
Once all dry, chipped a bit with a hobby knife to expose the red oxide primer, and then a pencil to add shine in likely wear areas.

Pretty happy with it considering these are add ons.
Attachments
Done-ski
Done-ski
Scratched up
Scratched up
That'll do pig........
That'll do pig........
Ta-Daaaa ........
Ta-Daaaa ........
Guess this means I'm going through with it !
Guess this means I'm going through with it !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Nice. Mine will habe such a box as well. I went with the CL kit when I was ordering the gun mount anyways.
Last edited by Soeren on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soeren wrote:Nice. Mine will habe such a box as well. I sent with the CL kit when I was ordering the gun mount anyways.

Good call getting one from CL.
He's sure got the knack for great products.
I honestly could not be bothered with any form of lid clasp, although I really should have :problem:
Be sure to put pics up of yours once you get into it eh :thumbup: :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Herman you have built a great piece I am really impressed with the brass work and stowage box! I like how your tags have turned into schurzen.

You are very talented
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”