KV-1 on the bench

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: KV-1 on the bench

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon, Alpha,
Happy to be of use. ;o) The Taigen KV?, here it is: http://www.taigentanks.com/Russia%20KV-1.html I had neglected to mention the Taigen Webpage earlier because all unbeknownst to me, they _now_ have a purchase link for IMEX right on the tank display page. Most likely for their range of spare and upgrade parts as well. This is a good thing indeed.
warm regards again,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

ALPHA wrote:
dgsselkirk wrote:O.K. I final word on the horns boys. From what I can see (and I spent an hour pouring over photos) it appears both are correct. Some are on the left, some are on the right. Schumo has theirs on the left. It's like depending on the factory that produced them...
So I guess which ever way you want it! LOL!
Kinda like the front glacis plate story...
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Let us not forget the T-34 two way engine deck lid lol

That's a great looking honker :clap:
The new question at hand... you going to put yours back or order that beauty :haha:

too funny dgsselkirk :haha:

ALPHA
Nah I havew already converted mine to the left. I like to be different anyway and if I can scratch build or modify it I always do... much more fun than just spending money on a kit...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Thanks for the help on that horn issue. :)
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

I will stop hijacking your build now and let you finish. I will be interested to see what else you mod. Really looking forward to seeing the finished product! :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
dgsselkirk wrote:O.K. I final word on the horns boys. From what I can see (and I spent an hour pouring over photos) it appears both are correct. Some are on the left, some are on the right. Schumo has theirs on the left. It's like depending on the factory that produced them...
So I guess which ever way you want it! LOL!
Kinda like the front glacis plate story...
Let us not forget the T-34 two way engine deck lid lol

That's a great looking honker :clap:
The new question at hand... you going to put yours back or order that beauty :haha:

too funny dgsselkirk :haha:

ALPHA
Nah I havew already converted mine to the left. I like to be different anyway and if I can scratch build or modify it I always do... much more fun than just spending money on a kit...
I hear you dgsselkirk.....I find it more interesting to see if I can fabricate something as well...with that said.. I still will probably order the metal hatches... the one HENG LONG has on the KV... is rather flimsy

Talk about fabricating things... did you take a gander at what I came up with the KV-2 turret? bicycle spokes :haha: ...crude... but they work :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:I will stop hijacking your build now and let you finish. I will be interested to see what else you mod. Really looking forward to seeing the finished product! :D

UHH ... me too ... sorry palepainter :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon again,
Getting something to work whether by fabrication or purchased kit is the thing, my friends, because all fun building something aside for a moment, When it's done to your individual satisfaction and you turn it on and run it and share it with your pals, speaking strictly for me, I'm 12 years old again and just got the best present in the world. ;o) Apologies as well, no more Hi-jacking from me today. Looking forward to seeing all this heavy Soviet metal being run.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Please...No apologies. I have enjoyed the conversation. You guys have been a great help. All the photos and links to sources are huge for us newbies.
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

ALPHA wrote:
palepainter wrote:Thanks for that link to Artistic Hobbies here in the US. I ordered the etched metal set for the KV and the steel boxes. That was refreshing to find the stuff here in the states. They seemed very nice to work with as well.
Hey palepainter... you do know those photoetch boxes are "one" only right...so 30 dollars a piece... :O ...I'm going for the white metal ones from Dave (forgebear)..which cost about the same... but you get three instead of one :D

ALPHA

I seen that. :O I got the Taigen metal ones. Thanks again Here is the link their kv1 boxes. http://www.artistichobbies.com/proddeta ... =TAG120254
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Afternoon, Alpha,
Happy to be of use. ;o) The Taigen KV?, here it is: http://www.taigentanks.com/Russia%20KV-1.html I had neglected to mention the Taigen Webpage earlier because all unbeknownst to me, they _now_ have a purchase link for IMEX right on the tank display page. Most likely for their range of spare and upgrade parts as well. This is a good thing indeed.
warm regards again,
Painless
WOW! :O Definitely not for the faint of heart lol....why not just get the TORRO?.... add in the turret... and the price is about the same ...or did you have other plans for it ?

You might recognize this guy's videos... he usually bases his tanks on some high end models...but on this build he went with the HENG LONG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHlWx5_6lDE

ALPHA

Return to “Heng Long Builds”