PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
lister fiend
Sergeant

Re: PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

Post by lister fiend »

[quoteI soldered everything together using a 100 watt soldering iron ...this is the end result ... after five hours
][/quote]
holy crap, no one will ever deservedly call you a lazy ******! :haha:
that's dedication & a lovely tip to boot.
5 hours would send me to the nut house though.
all hail mr patience :clap:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

lister fiend wrote:
I soldered everything together using a 100 watt soldering iron ...this is the end result ... after five hours
holy crap, no one will ever deservedly call you a lazy ******! :haha:
that's dedication & a lovely tip to boot.
5 hours would send me to the nut house though.
all hail mr patience :clap:
I'd say the title of Mr Patience should go to Painless... man I could never order parts and wait for their arrival like he does...probably the reason I try to scratch build whatever I can....because in time alone.. I kind of make out .. in my mind anyway :crazy:

not to mention I've been on this build for close to a month now... it's the longest I've ever worked on a tank...my patience is just about shot :haha:

But she's fun... so at the moment I don't mind...those shackles might change my mind though ....so brace yourself for that... ;)

Thanks Lister Fiend

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

palepainter wrote:That antennae set up is killer, and very stealth. Love it!!! What solder are you using with your 100 wt solder iron?
Hey Palepainter... the antenna is very similar to the one I made and posted on your KV build...except that one I copied a asiatam exhaust a friend of mine had on his Panzer III...I elaborated a bit on the snorkel of the exhaust but other than that.. the set up was basically the same...I used ordinary lead rosin solder.. yes silver is better.. but not really necessary

It's also the set up you could have did with your metal boxes... since they are hollow and backless...sliding a set of flattened copper sheets into them would be easy.. and probably boost your range better than what I did...

Weren't you going to convert to 2.4?...with that said ... it will work with that as well :thumbup:

just an added note... copper is a great conductor... the beauty of doing something like this is that copper is also very user friendly... and can be shaped rather easily... once you get the fabrication part down... you will be able to make all kinds of shapes... even MANTLETS (for Dietrich :haha: )...which I am thinking of doing should I build another SHERMAN

Have a good one Palepainter

ALPHA
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

Great build ALPHA. Not a favourite tank of mine but applaud you attention to detail.

Wishing you a very happy holidays.... Look forward to seeing your finished work on this.
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

TKcommander wrote:Great build ALPHA. Not a favourite tank of mine but applaud you attention to detail.

Wishing you a very happy holidays.... Look forward to seeing your finished work on this.
Thanks TK... Russian armor definitely not for everyone... she actually pretty much looks like a cracker box...and seeing where the exhausts are located can't imagine.. opening that discard hatch in the rear of the turret.... that's must have been a problem...but stand alone ... the model does have character ... ;)

I might also add... though she isn't the prettiest of tanks... mostly because of the odd turret configuration.. though this build is taking longer than usual...I'm loving every moment working on her :D

BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOURS...THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
MERRY BOXING DAY :D ...AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR :thumbup:

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Now for the latest... don't try this at home... unless you really have nothing better to do that is :haha:

I give you my latest attempt at some major detail work :haha:

WING NUTS :haha: :haha: :haha:

Suffice to say... I was discouraged when I lost the half of the original cleaning kit that had the wing nuts on it...where a little snip and glue would have worked fine... but due to divine intervention... or MURPHY'S law...it was not to be so :lolno:

Two drops of solder on brass stock... and some fine filing.... made some decent substitutes ... I think :haha:

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Nice work on those wingnuts Alpha. They look like they may be less trouble than the lazer cut ones that come on the Aber stuff. Great idea. Thanks!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Merry Christmas! Chrimbo!, Boxing Day!, Kwanzaa!, you get the idea. ;o)
The KV-2 is a brutal tank, fine looking for all the aspects of strength that it sets forth. You are doing a Bang-Up job on yours, Alpha. The Wing Nuts are brilliant. Whereas you are looking forward to being done with this one and starting a Sherman, I ,inversely, am looking forward to finishing my Sherman and starting one of these. Interesting that you mentioned it having the characteristics of a crackerbox. I am naming mine Crackerbox Palace and will write it on the sides of the turret in my best cyrillic with a white paint pen once I am done with everything else.
Happy Holidays again, Alpha. Hopefully, Sassgrunt got the box of stuff I sent you folks today, that's what I was aiming for.
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Hey Painless - Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. Nope, the Post Office is probably too overworked at this time of the year to get EVERY delivery there on time, but we'll keep our eyes peeled for it.

Let me know when you get one of these tanks that Alpha is doing such a great job of building. I have some of those metal toolboxes for it that - unfortunately - won't fit Tamiya fenders.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sassgrunt,
Merry Christmas there! Sorry about the late arrival. More than a little irritating but it is the USPS. If they deliver on Christmas as they have been doing for a while, I'll hold out hope for tomorrow.
Thank you, very much. I'll be building mine out of Taigen and Torro components so the boxes should work fine. ;o) Thanks again and may Santa bring you some nice toys to enjoy tomorrow. ;o)
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”