PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
cannedheat

Re: PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

Post by cannedheat »

alpha
old chap, not sure on the Sherman as yet will not be doing much with it apart from the compulsory dulux ,job wot wot ......
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:alpha
old chap, not sure on the Sherman as yet will not be doing much with it apart from the compulsory dulux ,job wot wot ......
:haha: :haha: :haha: It's all good canned... which one was it you chose for boxing day? the HENG LONG or the MATO ?

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Update.... progress has come to a halt... as I am enjoying the Raw look of this build... so this is how she will stand for awhile... till I get the feeling to Paint her
I feel she's good looking as she stands with all the hand made bling ...which would disappear once painted

the shackle pins worked out great.... by coincidence the gauge of the brass stock was tight fit in the shackle flanges... so no glue or securing nut was needed

The general overview of what I get to take in everyday... I love it... the last picture... you can just see the final detail I had to make... the tow cable tensioner bracket.... made of copper...it's a part that didn't really need special attention... but because I lost one when I removed the side armor.... I was forced to recreate them :lolno:

Not sure when I am actually going to do the paint on this one... when I do.. you all will be the first to know :haha:

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

I love it. It is like a refridgerator on wheels. :) Very stout build. Looking forward to seeing it with color.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
*Applause!* Very, very well done. ;o) As someone who knows how big this build actually is, I understand the scale of what you undertook. Just for fun, you should take another picture with one of your Shermans sitting next to it to put it into proper perspective. ;o)
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

palepainter wrote:I love it. It is like a refridgerator on wheels. :) Very stout build. Looking forward to seeing it with color.
:haha: :haha: :haha: It's going to be white :haha: :haha: so even more like a refrigerator be she will :haha:

Wait did I just sound like Yoda? ... nah ;D

GOOD LUCK IN 2014 Palepainter Happy Tanking

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
*Applause!* Very, very well done. ;o) As someone who knows how big this build actually is, I understand the scale of what you undertook. Just for fun, you should take another picture with one of your Shermans sitting next to it to put it into proper perspective. ;o)
warm regards,
Painless
Great Idea Painless... I just might do that :D

Thanks GOOD LUCK IN 2014 ... and get well soon :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Still not painted... some added bling for my Kv2
Idea for making them courtesy of CupofTea

Made of wound stator wire... 9 strands of wire x3...then 3 wound assemblies x3 crimped with aluminum stock :D

Thanks CupofTea... if it wasn't for you.. I would not have thought of making these myself :thumbup:

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
cupoftea
Corporal

Post by cupoftea »

You are most welcome Sir! That is one fabulous kv2 build. Very nicely done.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
An excellent bit of added realism! I am quite anxious to see the final paint and markings on this beauty.
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”