Heng long T34 first images

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Phil
Corporal

Heng long T34 first images

Post by Phil »

New link to images http://www.philslittleworld.webspace.vi ... 85_hl.html

T34 arrived last night so grabbed camera and took some pics

The front wheels had split, not enough glue on them, soon sorted glued and re installed.

People are not sure of the ride height but I think once I install my metal tracks it will lower it and there is plenty of movement in the suspension arms/guide slots to mod it without to much problem, wheels are very good detail.

The ad on bits look really nice, can't wait to start on this… after my Sherman build and Panther, arhh what an idiot, should have waited till I finished these before I bought this… should I? ;-)

Quick video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDhO3Bk0 ... e=youtu.be

Inside, plastic gear boxes and the usual HL stuff, smoker attached to the upper hull and works really well, this is a BB version which I don't mind, kind of like shooting other tanks with live rounds!

Going to build it like my last T34 with field armour made from beds.

I will be swopping out the gear boxes for metal ones at a later date, wish HL would change the sound for each tank, all in all very good tank and way much better gear box the the Trumpeter gear box.
Yes I broke the machine gun off! oops
Thanks for looking, more pics here http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/Smudg ... Long%20T34

Phil
Last edited by Phil on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stug 85
Corporal

Re: Heng long T34 first images

Post by stug 85 »

Hi phil it looks ace im gettjng one for lily for xmas :D any chance you could post a pic of it from the side with you pushing down on it to see how it would look lowered ? :crazy:
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

Oh and are the tyres rubber or painted on? :S
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi there phill

Thanks for taking pic's ..and from what i can see i think its once again hl at there best ! ...i can't wait to get my grubby hands on one or two as i can see a lot of conversion potential

May i ask the question....was it a uk retailer you got it from ?
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

stug 85
At work at the mo, go to my video and on the right there is a vidoe someone else has done in the little screen images with the T34 compressed. Tyres are painted but must look the part as for your question!

Mcevoyi
No see this post
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =1&t=11592
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Thanks for posting the pictures and video Phil :thumbup:

I see Heng long are tending to move away from the moulded on detail and leaving them as add on details by ythe end user.

Regarding the ride height, watching second video it doesn't actually that odd and at some points the top bit dipped to touch the road wheels. So suppose removing a track link will make tighter and naturally pull up the road wheels giving the lowering effect.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Not seeing one first hand yet , but it might be fixable by putting a packing piece at the bottom of the slot . Or , somehow put another peg into the back of the swingarms . The springs look like HL's usual coil thingies , so reclocking them should be doable too .
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

Thanks phill :thumbup: it does just need loweing :D
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Thanks for the excellent pics and video of this one in action, Phil. Wow, Nylon gears. I didn't know that HL was still using those. Quietness factor? You guys always change them out whenever you find them in a tank so there must be a huge, honking pile of the things somewhere. ;o)
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”