Bulldog Springs

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Bulldog and Panzer springs - are these the ones?

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well I managed to break the first hook off but two cans of Guiness later I had a handful of Pershing units to play with. I now realise that there is no way of getting this job done without removing the arm from the hull, and removing the road wheels, luckily everything screws together apart from the top hull mount. Those Panzer springs are 'very' strong and are a nightmare to compress whilst getting the hook back in. One side is now all done, just starting the other. Hopefully I will have some fingernails left at the end of this!

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
philipat
Sergeant

Re: Bulldog and Panzer springs - are these the ones?

Post by philipat »

You want the shocks on the corners to have stiffer springs, especially as you start adding weight to the front (keeps the nose down in the grass), metal tracks and metal gearboxes.

Make sure you post a guide on how you do the internal springs for the 3rd and 4th suspension arms.  I've been puzzling over that one for a while now.  ???

Return to “Heng Long Builds”