ska2d2's Panzer III Build(II)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ska2d2
Private

Re: ska2d2's Panzer III Build(II)

Post by ska2d2 »

Wildboar44 wrote:Always admired your ability to engineer small detailed parts Ska. Where did the replacement PanzerIII bin come from ? Is it Tamiya ?
Thanks Wildboar. The storage bin is made by 'Aisatam' and I ordered it from 'Welsh Dragon Models'. Its an improvement in size to the storage bin that comes with the tank. That being said the shape at the back of the bin doesn't match the shape of the turret. There's no escaping having to alter it to fit. On the plus side its easy to sand and a good starting point for scratch building.
ska2d2
Private

Post by ska2d2 »

I got a little more done this afternoon. I've reworked the fire extinguisher using 7mm aluminium tube. There are clamps to make and add.
PZFE.jpg
PZFE.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
PZFE4.jpg
PZFE4.jpg (91.78 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
Its taking shape but still needs some work.
PZFE1.jpg
PZFE1.jpg (98.43 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
The handles are fuse wire and tin.
PZFE2.jpg
PZFE2.jpg (89.28 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
PZFE5.jpg
PZFE5.jpg (79.76 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
Thanks for looking.
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Perfect as always Ska on the fire extinguisher, just spotted that mini weld bead on the intake shroud, that is a max eye for detail !. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There are some inspirational bits of detailing here :thumbup: It's just such a pity, that Photobucket does its level best to ruin photos by plastering its logo across the middle of each pic. Even so, this vandalism wasn't enough to detract from your truly admirable thread! :thumbup: Glad you came back to it, after a prolonged gap. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Brilliant detail work well done :clap: :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
ska2d2
Private

Post by ska2d2 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:There are some inspirational bits of detailing here :thumbup: It's just such a pity, that Photobucket does its level best to ruin photos by plastering its logo across the middle of each pic. Even so, this vandalism wasn't enough to detract from your truly admirable thread! :thumbup: Glad you came back to it, after a prolonged gap. :D
Thanks for your comments RecceReg. The photobucket water marks are a pain. I have noticed that on my smartphone that all my photos are unaffected by Photobucket so if you would like to see them clearly, I would try that.
ska2d2
Private

Post by ska2d2 »

OK! So I've worked out how to remove the 'Photobucket mark'. They are being removed in no particular order and it is very tedious having to change code on each photo so bear with me. Ta
ska2d2
Private

Post by ska2d2 »

:crazy:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Great work with your Panzer!
ska2d2
Private