How to: Syncronize Airsoft Fire with Electronic Cannon Fire/Sound

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: How to: Syncronize Airsoft Fire with Electronic Cannon Fire/Sound

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

FV432 has posted the contacts on the HL board that you can use to trigger a muzzle flash LED to coincide with the recoil, but I don't think that the recoil action is long enough to wind up the airsoft mechanism
http://www.rctankwarfare.com/Forums/ind ... l#msg10220 - post#13

I've recently tried to get the recoil on a WSN T34 to work at the same time as the IR Emitter of a DBC2RC system, but gave up as they are seperate functions as far as the control board is concerned - I could have rigged the IR LED to the original cannon flash switch on the recoil mechanism, but that would not have triggered the sound event on the DBC2RC (might be possible to trigger the gun sound on the original sound chip tho?)

I haven't played with the RX18 or the recoil machanism in the stug yet tho, maybe somebody else can enlighten us both?
Last edited by Ex_Pat_Tanker on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: How to: Syncronize Airsoft Fire with Electronic Cannon Fire/Sound

Post by fv432 »

one idea that springs to mind and i think may already be outhere is to wire a switch to the back of the main gun button so when its pushed it also operates the airsoft just cant think were ive seen it or who done it and whether it works :o :o

Return to “Heng Long Builds”