Heng walker bulldog to.... something different ?

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Heng walker bulldog to.... something different ?

Post by Matdragon »

hey guys,

for a while now ive been wanting to make a unreal modern  tank, thats obv not real, but fun to build and something different!

ive decided to build it from my heng long walker bulldog, with the DBC / DBU, as its had alot of wear and tear, you know the normal missing parts snapped bits etc.

so i have a vague idea, but scene as its not real i was wondering if any of you guys might have a clever idea or two i could input ?

cheers,

Matt 8)
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng walker bulldog to.... something different ?

Post by fv432 »

hey matt nice idea you could try this or something similar  http://www.hobbyhavoc.com/forum/index.php?topic=843.0
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

thanks mate, thats some food for thought! i was more thinking to take away most of the resemblance of the original bulldog! :D

so has anybody got some random ideas i could apply ?

cheers,

Matt
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

A friend at work today was taking a serious look at making one of these from his M41:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SK105
Why you ask? He used to drive them during his national service in the Austrian Army.

The road wheels are correctly spaced for 1/15 scale, altho they are about 4mm too large in diameter. The motor and gearboxs we could pinch from a Matorro Tiger thats about to have it's lower hull scraped in favour of an asiatam one. The only thing we haven't figured out is the drive sprockets and the tracks - M41 or M26 tracks are too wide, and while the new Matorro/HL Sherman looks to have a suitable track width and sprocket diameter, the guide horns are on the outer edge and not the middle of the track as on the Sk105.

The only variant of the Bulldog was the M42 Duster. That would require some serious cosmetic surgury on the upper hull and a new turret.

Best of Luck!
Mart
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

If you're thinking more along the fantasy route then have a look at some of the Games Workshop armoured vehicles for Warhammer 40K. Plenty of ideas there and you wont get someone telling you what you've done wrong if its your own creation.
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

matt why dont you graft on a Tiger turret to the bulldog hull, it would make something interesting, and it wouldnt take to much work :D

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

what about a hellcat matt would need a set of pz3 tracks or 2  ;)
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hey guys thanks for the ideas! :D

@ Mart, thanks for the idea, but i dont like the look of that tank, and i want to do something 'made up' :P but thanks anyway mate :D

@ Crispy, i have lots of games wrokshop tanks, as i used to be into that hobby big time! will take a look at some! thanks for the ideas! :D

@ Tony, i could do, but i dont have a spare turret, and i think it will be easiers to build a plasticard pre-fab body around the bulldog turret than the tigers! :D :D

@ Rob, i love that tank, but a build like that is way over my head! :D but thanks for the ideas! :D :D

cheers guys, keep the random ideas coming!! :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Matt
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

Look forward to seeing this Matdragon.

I was well into Warhammer 40K in my youth... & Space Maraine, Space Hulk, Warhammer Fantasy - jeezs I'm even old enough to remember Adaptus Titanicus with the polystyrene buildings. Now thats old!  :( Junked almost all of it years ago and then 6 months later discovered ebay... DOH! Only complete game I kept was Blood Bowl.

I got a Bulldog this Xmas and have metal gearboxes and tracks to fit it out later. So I was thinking with the old plastic g/boxes & tracks i'd try making a Warhammer Landraider, the old Mk 1 version where the tracks are visable all around the sponsons. Its just in the "thinking how to do it" stage at the moment, I already have way too many other projects on the go but hopfully it'll get going later this year.

Let us know how you get on mate.

Nic
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hey Nic,

nice idea there, but how about converting a land raider model to rc ? ive thought of doing it with the small scale heng long sherman!

there are a couple of videos on youtube of rc'ed land raiders! :D

good luck if you do try mate! ;D ;D :D :D

cheers,

Matt

Return to “Heng Long Builds”