Sov's Tiger Build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Sov's Tiger Build

Post by wibblywobbly »

Setbacks aside, I think all eyes on this forum are on your build. The end result will be well worth the effort...well it will be for us as we didn't put any effort into it. :haha:

Seriously, the detail cannot get any better than you have made it, all spot on scale and the parts in the right places.

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Sov, as ever, an inspiration.

Sooner or later I am going to have to get to grips with those rear mudflaps anyway - but it's comforting to know that they are strong (at least when built properly...)
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Some more crap:

Convoy light, mount, frame.

Mostly scratch built, still not the best at that. Not easy, my fingers hurt. :crazy:

I didn't like the Voyager convoy light at all so I scrapped it and used some bits from it to make this.

Far from great, just acceptable. Not interested in spending many more hours on a tiny part.

SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

To better understand why my fingers hurt; Or a lesson in scale.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I should stop posting at 1am, I sound like a cranky bastard. :angel:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hey Sov,
Merry Christmas! The work is beautiful and you must enjoy it or you would not do it, right?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Happy last day of Hanukkah / Xmas Eve dudes. :)

Sure do love it, even if I crank about it. It's funny how much time and energy one can spend on something so small!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sov,
Out here in Colorado at the base of the Rockies, when night falls and the lights from the houses go out, I like to step outside and watch the stars and think about life. You are definitely right. A lot of time and energy is spent on small things, complicated, fragile, yet in the end, wonderfully fun things.
Happy Holidays,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

PainlessWolf wrote:Sov,
Out here in Colorado at the base of the Rockies, when night falls and the lights from the houses go out, I like to step outside and watch the stars and think about life. You are definitely right. A lot of time and energy is spent on small things, complicated, fragile, yet in the end, wonderfully fun things.
Happy Holidays,
Painless
:D :D :D
Honestly, this made me feel warm and fuzzy, friend. :angel:

I've without a doubt enjoyed my day. Boss let us out early, work was a breeze. Played some Tank games, worked on the Tiger, now going to spend time with the GF. Happy Holidays to all!

Going back to early December, TFTM's challenge... Finally, after a shipping nightmare I got a present today. You may have seen this part make an appearance on the forums here. A gorgeous IGK tool box!

I had to jump right into it, despite just getting it today. I was too excited for this part. It needs to be cleaned up a bit, still plenty of work to be done but here's to date. (I know it's a mess, but it's a start.) B|

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sov,
That looks nice and solid and definitely like it fits on a tank. A very nice early present! ;o)
Merry Christmas
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Felt bad showcasing it in ugly uncleaned form. Here it is sanded, filed, edges cleaned, surface cleaned. Much nicer.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”