Sov's Tiger Build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Sov's Tiger Build

Post by ALPHA »

UHHHHHHHHHH...I know this is a little late....but a blow dryer would heat the glue till you could remove them safely :shifty:

ALPHA
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Never heard of the stuff, good for the learning process anyway. Idk if it would have damaged the plastic hull of the tank. Just another hiccup here, not too upset. Really, when I said this tank passed the $1k mark awhile back it's probably closer to the $2k mark now since I ordered most of the electronics I needed the other day too. Over a long enough period of time it's not much.

I'm sure I can get some debonder, now that I know it exists, lol.

Those bolts are so tiny they are very fragile brass. I literally twisted the heads off the bolts trying to remove them. Would have been difficult to save them even with the right stuff.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

SOV just a word of warning, there are two types of DEBONDER, 1/ gets superglue off of skin, 2/ gets superglue off of ABS and most other plastics, what I would advise is when you apply it, work the item to be removed so that the debonder can get to the glue, and when you have finished with it YOU MUST CLEAN THE AREA OF DEBONDER, I have stripped HENG LONG Panzer4s and Tigers down to the bare bones with ZAP7, it is most effective, in the UK RIPMAX markets it but someone said that ARTISTIC HOBBIES in the US sell it or something similar. :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just to add to WO2c's tip....Acetone and fingernail polish remover works too :D ...for hands...I wash some dishes ...the glue peels right off ;) ... :{

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sov,
I am standing right there with you, Doc. More money and time. It is our chosen 'Hobby' I suppose. Things are broken or wrong, we fix them. Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Dear Sov,

I am in mourning for your lost bolts.

It's a little like my decision to replace the stick-on zimmerit: a whole lot more time (and money).

However (and please don't shoot me down for saying so) I feel this was one of those 'errors' you could have lived with!

It looked great and I suspect only you knew it was 'wrong' until you pointed it out.

So chin up and let's get this Tiger finished!
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Thanks for the sentiments and advice! I started the repair today, filled the holes, drilled new. I used the space bolts for my exhaust shields while I wait for the new bolts to arrive. Not enough to finish the job but enough to get started.

I could have lived with it, but check out how much better it looks this way. While I had all the shields off too, I filed the edges a bit to give a tiny gap between each shield as they rubbed before.

While I was working I checked the front as well and it too was off. Using the Asiatam lines was a bad idea. I quadruple checked it this time and compared to photos.

Just remember, this hobby is still pretty cheap compared to others. :thumbup:

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

OK........Fenders.........BIG IMPROVEMENT! :D

Now about cost....yeah...RC tanking can be less expensive than other hobbies ...depending on the "Hobbyist" NO????? 8O .......... :haha:

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

ALPHA wrote:OK........Fenders.........BIG IMPROVEMENT! :D

Now about cost....yeah...RC tanking can be less expensive than other hobbies ...depending on the "Hobbyist" NO????? 8O .......... :haha:

ALPHA
Yes like farming gold or keeping a wife and children. :haha: :haha: :haha: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:
ALPHA wrote:OK........Fenders.........BIG IMPROVEMENT! :D

ALPHA
Yes like farming gold or keeping a wife and children. :haha: :haha: :haha: shaun
:shifty: .............Image.................. :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Heng Long Builds”