1942 DAK Panzer IV

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: 1942 DAK Panzer IV

Post by Max-U52 »

Jimster wrote:Better than shaking the crap out of the bottle? Always worked for me but sounds as if I need some paint skills enlightenment! Why stir instead of shaking? I’m not too old to change some ways.
Shaking adds air bubbles to the paint, not good. Stirring doesn't do that.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

So it's true then James Bond is a little boy, He likes fizzy Vodka Martini's :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

He likes the way it tickles his nose.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Not feeling the best after a restless night and fever and scratchy throat today ( it is entirely possible that the current Bug made it's way home from the Hospital where the Mate works and found my aged arse-ola. I will keep a weather eye on my health and get tested if needed ), I decided to do some sit down work at my desk with PE. This anti-aircraft sight is the best fun you can have for 3 euros. Unless you are a solder genius like Barry or Louis on the Forum here, I suggest using a Super Glue gel to assemble the microscopic bits of this tiny brass kit.
Now I can paint the MG and have it ready for the mount once the rest of the lighting is installed. This kit was used to add some pizazz to the basic MATO metal MG-34.
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Ready for paint.jpg
Ready for paint.jpg
Instructions found online.jpg
Instructions found online.jpg
Tools ready for some PE fun.jpg
Tools ready for some PE fun.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very cool looking and an excellent job assembling it.
Be careful with illness. My wife and I both were diagnosed with Caronavirus and we’ve been quarantined to our house since 8/1. We can finally go back to work tomorrow! Working in the healthcare industry does have some drawbacks but I got some tank modeling completed :sick:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Jimster!
Thanks for checking out the 'fun'. I was following along on your mentions of dealing with the Bug and was glad to hear that you both came through it fine. This morning, my sinuses cannot decide if they want to run or stop up so yes. ;oP More rest is on the menu today. I'm not expecting any new tank goodies until around Friday but today might see the front Convoy light assembled ( it is a kit too ) and installed.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Obviously still watching the build with no little envy ;D
For goodness sake old friend watch your health, A man of your advanced years :haha: :haha: cannot ignore what the President of Brazil insists is "Merely a bout of the sniffles" :lolno:
I have no wish to teach an expert how to suck eggs but the "Led" lit Rear Convoy Light assembly will repay you with at least one dry run :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Hey there Painless. Hope your name stands for your stamina here and wish you all the best to get through this health hazard without to much harm. Your tank progress looks fantastic. We can really see your enjoyment and skill with detailing your models making them really unique. :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning Jarndice!
Hello! I slept in my Desk Chair this morning. The Office was very cool and I was running a bit warm ( time to add some antifreeze I think ) so I had goosebumps when I woke up *chuckles* The front Convoy light will be lit ( patched into the head light pads on the Daughter Board ) The rear Convoy light is wending it's way to my mountain fastness from Germany via Dave and Julie and should arrive sometime after they get it. It is from a fellow named Heike and will be lit as well. I will probably put a two pin plug on it and install it on the MFU either in a spare, powered plugin or the handy tail light plugin provided by Taigen. ( of course if I put it there, it will only light up when the tank is put into reverse )
regards,
Painless

URL: https://modellbaugasse.de/epages/b94bee ... roducts/32
...Here for the Dawn...
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very nice work painless, all these little detailed extras will surely add to one great looking Panzer IV :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Ps, stay safe and well :D
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”