RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Newly inspired by Mr Raminators timely reappearance, I have managed to get a few more bits completed.
The rounded mantlet is now fully profiled and ready to refit into the turret.
It needed a bit of creative licence to secure the outer mantlet to the turret mount, but its going to work.
The turret has had its redundant orifices filled and ready to be smoothed over.
Even used a section of Pantiger drivers roof material to fill the carved out cupola hole !!

Ive reclaimed the hull sides off the poor Pantiger & after a loooooooooot of dressing, reckon I can successfully reuse them to represent the interlocked plates on the sides of the D Panther.
The front sections have been extended using Pantiger detritus which is very tough & ideal for joining other H/L material together.
Once I've got the upper hull filled & sanded , I will glue the side panels in place. The vibration of the sander might affect the bond so Im leaning towards caution.

I thought the Jagdtiger build was messy & flung a lot of material around, but this thing :O :/ .........the vacuum cleaner has not been put away since Friday :crazy:
Attachments
P8200011.JPG
P8200012.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

This thing is taking a lot more cutting & sanding/filling than I anticipated ! :/
Although when it starts to annoy me, I reflect on some of the other "Micheal Angelo" epics that are on here & quietly shut up & push on !

Turret and mantlet have now been mated and the communication hatch, its hinges, and the pistol ports added.
I used a spare base plate from my Panther Zu Fuss build as the hatch, some Trumpeter T34 suspension caps for the pistol ports, and picture hanging brass nails for the comms hatch hinge rivets(these are slightly big, but once the zimmert is applied will be largely hidden.)
The unique 'D' style cupola is on the way from Newcastle(thanks Mr Raminator) so the turret is going to be close to right.
Weld texture and zimmerit to do. The dove tail joints will also be recreated, even though they will be covered by zimmerit.

The hull sides are prepared, the various removed fittings have been puttied up & sanded, now the side plates will be attached as soon as I can get the time to do it without being rushed.
Engine deck is fitted out with the early grilles, and once the side plates are on, I will do the drivers roof plate bolt pattern & the hatches.
Ive made a representative ventilator out of a king tiger turret vent cover, and a Tiger 1 turret ventilator base. As its hidden by the barrel lock, theres no need to be super fussy.

Once all the upper is done, the lower hull will be completed and preparations made to make the strong mounts for the dozer blade.
Attachments
P8250017.JPG
P8240014.JPG
P8240013.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

That is plenty of stuff you have to do here, looks good so far :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes Mr Soeren, Ive got a bit on !!!
I'm aiming to complete the other details before getting into the hull side plates.
Once I start on those, I need to be able to just carry on, so the right timing is important.
The interlocking plate profiles along the sides are going to be a challenge for sure.

Today the postie bought a little but vitally iconic accessory.....................which instantly makes it right
Thank you Mr Raminator ;)
While Asiatam hates me(eh Mr Painless :/ ) they seem to like you
Attachments
P8260012.JPG
P8260011.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Bix that drum cupola is absolutely perfect! Well done sir
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Glad it made it there safely, boss. I thought I might have overdone it with the bubble wrap but we'd all have been disappointed if it made it all the way from Germany in one piece, only to get smashed en route to Queensland! It's all taking shape very nicely, I'm keen to see more.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The side plates are on.
Front infill sections are in and the whole lot is covered in Tamiya putty.
Driver and MG/Radiomans hatches are secured, just waiting on handles once all the mucking around with stuff is done.
Once the side plates are filled with adhesive I can complete the rear plate infills and get the over all hull work finished so the dozer blade mount can be started.
The pannier boxes are almost done, but to get them looking right will be left until the whole hull assembly is joined together.
Drilled the drivers roof plate out and used dress making pins super glued in place to mimic the bolt pattern.
No real reason other than to make it near enough to look at.
I've made the drivers vision block cover and the old style M.G. slot armoured shield that can be secured once the front plate is sanded & evened out.
No point in making either of them operational, as long as this thing can push a descent load of stuff ahead of it without issue, thats good enough detail !!
This thing has soooo much to do on it just to get an oddity its mindbending :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Attachments
lots of holes for no good reason !
lots of holes for no good reason !
P9030013.JPG
P9030012.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If anyone needs me, I will be just here, hanging out, .........sanding :( :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Fantastic progress Hermann :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Soeren.................sanding & filling......................resanding................ :yawn:
Not worth any pictures.
The Pantiger sides are very heavily affected by injection lines & inconsistencies that cannot be left.
I though my Jagdtiger was a mission to get right, but this is banana's !
Once(if ever) the hull is right, then begins the welds and the unique jointing of the armour.
Rear plate will be the next section of hull to be restored.

Plan is to get the entire thing apart from the front plate into primer, then get on with the blade & its accouterments....
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”