Profiline Jagdpanzer IV conversion

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
capt midnight
Corporal

Re: Profiline Jagdpanzer IV conversion

Post by capt midnight »

Oops! :{

That's what I get for not proofreading.

You are certainly correct, sir. I shall go back and edit accordingly.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I'd wondered about the '..panzer "..panther' heading too, but I'm sure we all got the drift. ;) I'm glad you finally resolved the cantilever hinge problem in such an exemplary fashion, Bill. :thumbup: That's real attention to detail, and elevates the hobby into another realm.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I'd wondered about the '..panzer "..panther' heading too, but I'm sure we all got the drift. ;) I'm glad you finally resolved the cantilever hinge problem in such an exemplary fashion, Bill. :thumbup: That's real attention to detail, and elevates the hobby into another realm.
:{

Thanks! It does look a bit wonky on the inside, but when it's open it doesn't look too far off from what it's supposed to.

Bill
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Hi Bill,

I agree with Mick and all the other chaps...very innovative solutions to vexing issues. If you don't mind, I would like to ask you about the spring loaded fenders. What is your source for these springs...or did you make them? Nice job all the way around.

Thx,

Ralph
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Necessity..the mother of all Invention, as the saying goes. You needed to adapt the gun to be elevated by the standard HL elevation unit , and this is an otherwise completely incompatible component in this set up; but your spring clip breech extension was a very nifty solution. If you can film a clip of it in action, I'm sure we'd all like to see it! That kind of lateral thinking, and problem solving, :thumbup: :thumbup: just adds to the collective wisdom of the forum.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

SCHWEREPANZER wrote:Hi Bill,

I agree with Mick and all the other chaps...very innovative solutions to vexing issues. If you don't mind, I would like to ask you about the spring loaded fenders. What is your source for these springs...or did you make them? Nice job all the way around.

Thx,

Ralph
Thanks, Ralph. The springs I used came from disposable lighters, the plastic kind. They're the springs that push up the flint. I haven't smoked in a very long time, so I just keep an eye out for discards left laying around. There are also some other neat looking parts in the lighters. The brass valve that the flame comes out of is pretty nifty. I've used them on numerous sci-fi builds. There is also a small spring on the valve that looks great on the base of the aerial antennas.

For the fenders I just cut them to length and bent over the last coil. After a bit of adjusting and trimming, I managed to get them working in both directions.
Son of a gun-ner wrote:
SCHWEREPANZER wrote:Hi Bill,

I agree with Mick and all the other chaps...very innovative solutions to vexing issues.

Ralph
See, I don't always say or ask dumb things, I'll save a screen shot :lolno:

And thank you Mr Midnight, I now understand what you mean, not being familiar with the inner workings of tanks :thumbup:
Mick, I too do not always say dumb things. Just when everyone is listening! :crazy:

I'm not too familiar with the inner workings myself. That might be why the modified hatch hinge okay to me! :lolno:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Necessity..the mother of all Invention, as the saying goes. You needed to adapt the gun to be elevated by the standard HL elevation unit , and this is an otherwise completely incompatible component in this set up; but your spring clip breech extension was a very nifty solution. If you can film a clip of it in action, I'm sure we'd all like to see it! That kind of lateral thinking, and problem solving, :thumbup: :thumbup: just adds to the collective wisdom of the forum.
I'll try and get a video of the cam and arm in operation posted in the next couple of days. It just didn't dawn on me to show the underside as well.

Thank, guys!

Bill
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Danke, Bill,

Much appreciated. I too, like most, have an array of detritus, in the parts bin. But, now I have another problem...as I walk around parking lots with my head down and eyes peeled looking for discarded plastic lighters, just how am I to respond to those who ask, "hey, mate, what you looking for?" Emoji here. Mine don't work!

Thanks again,

Ralph
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Simple, just say you looking for a lost ear ring for your wife/partner or ring. Make a joke of it aswell, you could even say your partner got annoyed and threw their ring at you and drove off, now you trying to find it! hahahaha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Excellent! I like it. Spoken like a chap who's been there before! Maybe you can help me with my emoji problem?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Here, have one of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Heng Long Builds”