1/16 WCP Models Salvenmaschinen 2cm AA German Prototype

Custom designs 3D Printed
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

1/16 WCP Models Salvenmaschinen 2cm AA German Prototype

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

New thing William has been playing with and utilising our new Resin printer to make the small high detail parts.
We are re-visiting alot of our previous models and will be upgrading small parts to resin to help improve the finish of the previous models

Anyway, this is a SMK 2cm which was a prototype German AA gun for WW2
2 were actually made in real life

It was reported to make the flak crew sick whilst operating due to the vibrations caused by 8x 2cm guns firing
Many changes and rate of fire and sequencing modifications were done to make the gun work, however they also had issues with metal fatigue causing the guns to crack apparently!
In the end a Zwiling 3.7cm AA gun could produce more damage than 8 of the 2cm guns. So it never made it into production

Its a cool looking model and we have tried where possible to make sure the gun and parts operate like they should

It was never really our idea to make this in 1/16 as it was requested to be made in 1/6, but you can guess what will follow haha
Bigger 1/6 version is coming now we have invested in a CR10-S5 printer, just means we have to go buy a bigger Resin printer now aswell, darn it!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 WCP Models Salvenmaschinen 2cm AA German Prototype

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"We have tried where possible to make sure the gun and parts operate like they should." Well that's intriguing: do you mean rotation? ...elevation? ...recoil? Good grief! The guns don't fire, right?! :O

"It was reported to make the flak crew sick...due to the vibrations." If you post a video, will we get sick watching it? :haha:
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I'm curious as to why you choose to put everything in centimeters instead of the typical millimeters? You know 90mm, 40mm, 37mm, 20mm, etc... I realized they are the same measurement of course, but you don't really see centimeters used to describe military items. In military fashion we would say hand me the "40 Mike Mike" and not the "4 Charlie Mike". Your buddy would look at you really strange if you said that especially in the heat of a battle.
Last edited by tankme on Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

The Germans always quoted the gun size in cm.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Interesting. I guess they just had to be different.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

interesting piece of history. never knew I tried something like this
tankme wrote:Interesting. I guess they just had to be different.
well, I think you can argue a lot which side is doing it "differently" of course, but I guess that is more a discussion while sitting at a woodfire with some beer ;)
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

If anyone wants one just let me know, it will be looking at launching a few models within the next month.
For the 251 supporters, the first tests have been run with RC, so don't worry we haven't forgotten it ;)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"For the 251 supporters, the first tests have been run with RC, so don't worry we haven't forgotten it." If you want to post progress photos, I am watching.

Return to “WCP Models”