Full Option Porsche Turret King Tiger build

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
pitstain
Corporal

Re: Full Option Porsche Turret King Tiger build

Post by pitstain »

Hi Barry,

Fingers crossed, and Daryl should be getting back to me soon with a plan and hopefully some milled aluminum bits will follow, I'd rather not booger it together with wads of styrene.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

pitstain wrote:Hi Barry,

Fingers crossed, and Daryl should be getting back to me soon with a plan and hopefully some milled aluminum bits will follow, I'd rather not booger it together with wads of styrene.
I sure I can build a mount and with one of the AM 3d recoil/elevation units make a very functional system. That said I would like to see what Daryl has to offer I am into "easier" if possible!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Jofaur86 wrote::) Link on Porsche turret mechanics
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... tiger.html
Nice, functional solution sir! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Jofaur86 wrote::) Link on Porsche turret mechanics
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... tiger.html
I saw that in my rabbit hole expedition, it is pretty slick, I am holding out for Daryl as he has done quite a few of these builds.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

BarryC wrote:

I sure I can build a mount and with one of the AM 3d recoil/elevation units make a very functional system. That said I would like to see what Daryl has to offer I am into "easier" if possible!

Barry
Daryl said it is not "easy" but he has done a few already so I am hopeful we can work out a good plan, as I don't need him to do all the work installing but to just provide the needed parts and some instruction as I prefer to install/modify things.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

pitstain wrote:
BarryC wrote:

Barry
Daryl said it is not "easy" but he has done a few already so I am hopeful we can work out a good plan, as I don't need him to do all the work installing but to just provide the needed parts and some instruction as I prefer to install/modify things.
Me too!
Leonardo Da Vinci
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

I am discussing a possible 3D printed option with him, but we need exact measurements as detailed pictures of the Schumo barrel, and mine will not likely arrive from Germany until mid March.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

pitstain wrote:I am discussing a possible 3D printed option with him, but we need exact measurements as detailed pictures of the Schumo barrel, and mine will not likely arrive from Germany until mid March.
PM sent, let me know if you need more.

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

BarryC wrote:
pitstain wrote:I am discussing a possible 3D printed option with him, but we need exact measurements as detailed pictures of the Schumo barrel, and mine will not likely arrive from Germany until mid March.
PM sent, let me know if you need more.

Barry
Thanks so much Barry PM replied. This should help in designing the 3D printed adapter trunion.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”