Tamiya m1a2 SEP v3 tusk 2

tomhugill
Captain

Re: Tamiya m1a2 SEP v3 tusk 2

Post by tomhugill »

tankme wrote:Looking good. I have the earlier version of the TUSK kit without a lot of the other SEP items. I've been dreading sanding all 80 of the TUSK add on armor plates. I am also not using the TUSK tow bar or EBR (extended bustle rack) as the DKLM versions are not great.

If you are interested...there are a few things to note on the build. Fix if you like, if not it's only a suggestion. It's your build and you can do what you like with it. :angel:

In the image below, the part circled in red is used for mounting the spare wheel/sprocket on the front of the turret. You have it mounted backwards. The high part should be angled toward the back of the tank. Shown in the pic at the bottom.

The part in blue is the protective shield for the CITV sight with the add on GPS antenna/armored cover for the wiring to the antenna. That part is permanently fixed to the top of the turret on the rear base of the CITV as shown in the pic below.

The arrow in green is pointing to the bar between the rubber pads used to stow the CROWS station during transport. The bars connecting the two pads should be removed as they are not present on the real tank. You can see them in the pic below.

Hey,

Your feedback much appreciated, some foolish errors on my part, but I should be able to fix them easy enough!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Tamiya m1a2 SEP v3 tusk 2

Post by tomhugill »

Just a quick video of the motorised crows. Used a 60 rpm n20 motor to achieve this, much like the CITV.

I would like to add flashing barrel to it but Im struggling for a solution to get it to rotate 360 and not have a tangle

phpBB [video]

Return to “Modern Builds”