1971 vintage Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II F/G >RRC with video

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
modler
Corporal

1971 vintage Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II F/G >RRC with video

Post by modler »

Got this little beauty on ebay recently for $20.00 shipped. In a shrink wrapped box no less !!! This one as a kit has the hull of a motorized version tank but with no motor or gearbox. Si in other words this Tank has a motorized version somewhere although I have never seen one. This is a very small early Panzer from 1939 and has a very narrow chassis. There is a Tamiya narrow dual motor gearbox that will fit this tiny Tank with some minor mods.
This model as a motorized version would have a single motor but I converted it to a dual motor version as you see here.

Short youtube video of the Tank climbing an obstacle that I use as a standard mobility test for my tanks and this Panzer II climbs with the best of them everytime!

https://youtu.be/xZ8uNZfJKLQ
Attachments
Panzer II looks to be outmatched by this 1/35 Centurion
Panzer II looks to be outmatched by this 1/35 Centurion
IMG_6067.jpg (48.69 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Very small 1/35 scale Tank. very challenging to install a dual motor gearbox in here.
Very small 1/35 scale Tank. very challenging to install a dual motor gearbox in here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: 1971 vintage Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II F/G >RRC with video

Post by EAO »

Modler,

Got to love those early Panzer's. Was it the Panzer 1 that was nicknamed the "Krupp sports car"? :think: These early tanks seemed so much speedier than the following monsters. Impressive video, very cool!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
modler
Corporal

Re: 1971 vintage Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II F/G >RRC with video

Post by modler »

EAO wrote:Modler,

Got to love those early Panzer's. Was it the Panzer 1 that was nicknamed the "Krupp sports car"? :think: These early tanks seemed so much speedier than the following monsters. Impressive video, very cool!

Cheers,
Eric.
yeah, Panzer i = Krupp sports car :D
Oh thank you for noticing my short but sweet video. Yes it is impressive because it may be the only one in the known world that has a twin motor gearbox @ 1/35 scale. Oh, and you you see it with a 1s lipo, even faster! Great track control as well. ;)

Panzer II https://youtu.be/xZ8uNZfJKLQ

Return to “Tamiya Builds”