TAMIYA King Tiger E75ish

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: TAMIYA King Tiger E75ish

Post by Ad Lav »

Is the 3D printer on here?

I see U.K. based and it’s on eBay...
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Ad Lav wrote:Is the 3D printer on here?

I see U.K. based and it’s on eBay...
I had connected with him through Facebook where he was very helpful making a few alterations for me to connect right to the Tamiya barrel mount and recoil set up. Being that he is based in UK the shipping and exchange rate was not in my favor so I placed the order through shapeways here in the US through his shapeway store. I should have this part in about 10days I'm thinking. Here is his link to Facebook page. I'm not sure of his screen name on this forum if he is a member.

https://www.facebook.com/DabblingInMiniatures/

I do still have files for a rear deck and exhaust system that I got from turbo squid that I have yet to find a printer state side that can print for me. I don't know alot about printing, resizing parts and process. But think there parts would bring a more unique look to this build.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Snipermadrid
Recruit

Post by Snipermadrid »

Hello from to Spain!

Good proyect, :clap: :clap: I'm in the process of making a project like yours in a not too distant photo lol :haha: ...
I am waiting for the tower I found in Shaperways to arrive to put it on my project.
I have seen the same pieces on this page, it is a pity that I am not going to use Tamiya's Koti tower for this project, possibly I will use it for my Koti with Jet turbine sound, which was another Paper Panzer project.
I will follow your progress with impatience, to see if I can vary in my construction process. :wave:
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Apologies for the Infrequent updates as life got a bit busy and have not posted much here. But work has continued on my E75 Tiger. I had removed the rear engine door section in an effort to add in the characteristic 3 section hatch. I used .75mm styrene sheets across the underside of the hull as a Foundation for the new hatch doors but also to give a little bit more rigidity to the rear section of the hull. In spacing out the 3 circular door covers I cut out my template and glued down in place. Brass rod was used as handles, thin styrene strip and a small bolt as a locking system. I removed the 2 Tamiya hinges from the old deck and casted a 3rd out of resin. Also used Milliput for weld seams and to blend in the new styrene with the original deck.

Once the rear deck was sorted I removed the driver and radio operator hatch as I wanted to be able to sit crew members in side. Once removed I used square rod and styrene sheet to build a platform for the crew to sit on and inside new hatch doors.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

I would love one of these, are they available?
Thanks
Armor_Group_South
Recruit

Post by Armor_Group_South »

Subscribed..... :D

Return to “Tamiya Builds”