Jagdpanther build

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Jagdpanther build

Post by LordPanzer »

I wanted to start a thread here as my first build on this forum. I had picked up this JP for a killer price this past weekend. It is currently missing a road wheel, idler, rear hatch, muzzle break and is badly needing a repaint and some detail work. All Tamiya electronics are here and in working order. May choose to get rid of these and go with a clark board still thinking on that. I have ordered the replacement wheels and rubber from the folks at AAF and should be here by the end of the week. Id like to find schumo rear hatch and vision blocks yet don't want to spend the price in shipping currently from Germany to the states. Looking forward to sharing the progress with you all here. If anyone has any leads on upgrade/detail parts to use I'd love to hear it.

Thank you for looking. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Jagdpanther build

Post by jarndice »

A great project which I look forward to following, It might help your hunt for a home based source of "Schumo" parts if you go to--------
www.etoarmor.com
I would make them my go to store if it was not for the disastrous mail charges across the pond but for for you it is local :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

jarndice wrote:A great project which I look forward to following, It might help your hunt for a home based source of "Schumo" parts if you go to--------
http://www.etoarmor.com
I would make them my go to store if it was not for the disastrous mail charges across the pond but for for you it is local :thumbup:
Thanks! I have gotten a gear and motor set from them for my Panther - Rock solid!
Sadly they do not seem to have much of anything of Schumo in stock any longer. Not sure if Schumo is still in business or just a restock/production issue due to covid. I had emailed the the folks at ETO a few months back asking about their Panther hatches and they said they did not expect any parts to be back in stock any time soon.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning ( and welcome to the Forum )
A Tip for sourcing Parts from German Hobby Sites is to speak to Dave and Julie at Forgebear. They are members here on the Forum and everyone vouches for them because of the incredible Great Service that they treat all of their Customers to. I have been able to source parts from Germany during the Pandemic due to Forgebear purchasing from those sites and shipping on to me here in the States. Reasonable prices then and quicker deliveries from England vs No Deliveries from many of those sites over there on the Continent. It would be worth your while to visit: https://www.forgebeartanks.com set up an Account and strike up a chat with Dave and Julie. ( They may even have what you are looking for on their own site )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

As I understand it, all Schumo stuff is now produced by
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... rds=Schumo
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
panzerjosef
Recruit

Post by panzerjosef »

Hello Lordpanzer. I'm currently building a Tamiya 1946 JP. I have plenty of spares not being used. I don't have the Schumo kits you're looking for like the hatch and scopes since I've put them on this one. I do have an assortment of extras though that I'm willing to give you such as track holders from Ludwigs, rear transmission covers like ETO has. Much more that I don't want any money for, just give them to a fellow tanker. I'm in Alabama and I'm thinking of an RC tank yard sale if there was enough local interest.
Let me know, Joe
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

panzerjosef wrote:Hello Lordpanzer. I'm currently building a Tamiya 1946 JP. I have plenty of spares not being used. I don't have the Schumo kits you're looking for like the hatch and scopes since I've put them on this one. I do have an assortment of extras though that I'm willing to give you such as track holders from Ludwigs, rear transmission covers like ETO has. Much more that I don't want any money for, just give them to a fellow tanker. I'm in Alabama and I'm thinking of an RC tank yard sale if there was enough local interest.
Let me know, Joe
Hey Joe that would be great I'd love to see what you have. Can I send you a message?

B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Axels is a great shop and as mentioned pretty much the only source for Schumo parts these days. My only issue with Axels is their crazy international shipping costs. It's almost as if they don't want to ship outside Germany. Last time I purchased parts from them I used a German mail forwarding company (https://www.mailboxde.com/) and it worked out much cheaper.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

B_Man wrote:Axels is a great shop and as mentioned pretty much the only source for Schumo parts these days. My only issue with Axels is their crazy international shipping costs. It's almost as if they don't want to ship outside Germany. Last time I purchased parts from them I used a German mail forwarding company (https://www.mailboxde.com/) and it worked out much cheaper.
Thanks. Last time I priced them to ship to the USA its was 38 euros. That's crazy! Like you said it's like they don't want to ship out of country.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gee Whiz that paintjob :wtf:
Some folks should be barred from owning models...................thats the sort of thing some 'tard in a museum would dream up !!
Cant wait to see what you do with it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Tamiya Builds”