New to RC Tanks

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
MaxDB93
Recruit

New to RC Tanks

Post by MaxDB93 »

Hi everyone and thank you for accepting me!

This will be my first RC Build, I have been building some plastic model in the past like five or something so you can still call me a beginner... My question is what do you guys recommend to get? I like the Tiger and the KingTiger, is it true that the KoTi is better constructed by Tamiya in the meaning of parts and quality? Other models are of course also an option, looking forward to the reactions!

Greetings Max
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New to RC Tanks

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Max, welcome along!
As you never get just one tank (they multiply like rabbits) buy something at the cheaper end of the scale, a version 6 Heng long is a good starting point, then develop from there..
After all if you were a beginner at re-spraying cars, you wouldn’t practice on a Rolls-Royce would you lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Tiger is better than the King Tiger.

I started my rc tanking life buying a Tamiya Sherman new and building that. Hours of fun.

Suggest you look at Axels in Germany as they are cheaper than U.K. prices for kits.
sevoblast
Lance Corporal

Post by sevoblast »

Tamiya Tiger 1 is an excellent model, easy to construct, good stock idler adjustment system and well detailed. Of the two, I would recommend the Tiger 1. Both use the same electronics and same type of transmission. All in all, a good first build.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”