1/35th Vintage R/C Centurion AVRE-165 kit bash

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
SEAN66
Private

Re: 1/35th Vintage R/C Centurion AVRE-165 kit bash

Post by SEAN66 »

awesome work.
I remember having one of these outside the HQ of 32 ARMD Engr Regt, in Hohne in early 90's
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

SEAN66 wrote:awesome work.
I remember having one of these outside the HQ of 32 ARMD Engr Regt, in Hohne in early 90's
regards
Sean
Thanks Sean - I think they're a good looking bit of kit and obviously filled a role admirably for many years.
The build is currently waiting for some bits to arrive from Hong Kong on a *very* slow boat, hopefully a bit of progress soon-ish...
I've also swapped the modified suspension/hull back to a standard hull as the AFV Club plastic would not stand up being driven very far. A bit annoying after all the work that went into it, but I'd rather have something reliable!
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

jimbo_wa wrote:Now with working suspension!

The AFV Club plastic is like cheese and rather horrid to work with. Have used brass tubing and M2 screws for the axles with copious amounts of super glue...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Oh now I am getting some ideas for my Tamiya 1971 vintage Centurion :D I like that suspension kit. I had a 1/25 Centurion with suspension and it was pretty sweet. somehow it got away from me and I like this scale better as with as many Tanks as I have I only look a little crazy to my wife. Anyway. nice work and I am checking out your interesting work on this iconic British Tank, The one I have is the star of my collection with those removable road wheel shirts.
Attachments
Favorite Tank in my collection. Runs on a 3 cell pack (3.6v) using the stock 3v motors.
Favorite Tank in my collection. Runs on a 3 cell pack (3.6v) using the stock 3v motors.
IMG_6055.JPG (70.76 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Tamiya 1971 vintage 1/35 Centurion.
Tamiya 1971 vintage 1/35 Centurion.
IMG_6054.jpg (76.99 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Last edited by modler on Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jimbo_wa,

That's some very nice work and very creative! :thumbup:

Nice job! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”