Tamiya full option JS-2 unboxing with extras

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
pitstain
Corporal

Re: Tamiya full option JS-2 unboxing with extras

Post by pitstain »

I hear you Mr. Wolf, I have bought plenty off shapeways, I found my resin one from a eBay seller in Russia for like $30 shipped that listed as for the JS-2/IS-2 so fingers crossed, otherwise I'll be going to shapeways I suppose.

LOL I see how complaining about the cost was hilarious, I am the biggest hypocrite in the world when I think back on my follies with that 2A6 build, that thing had more aftermarket parts than the first Fast N' Furious movie....:)
sevoblast
Lance Corporal

Post by sevoblast »

We've got a runner here. Pulled him off his plynth where he's been sitting since 1955 or so, purged the fuel lines and such, stuck a couple batteries in him and he started. Drove him up on the transport for refurbish for the parade last May. Also have a T34/85, SU76 and Katyusha in parade, all put on display as Sapun Ridge along with the IS 2.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

So intimidating, especially if you were in a little Panzer IV, I would bail out and waive the white flag quicker than a dog eats a biscuit.
sevoblast
Lance Corporal

Post by sevoblast »

We were gathering at the top, far south, end of Lenina. IS 2 and the others were about almost a klick north, but my wife wandered on down and got lots of images of the IS 2 and T34. SU, she didn't know what it was so she got only a couple. Katyusha, it broke down on it's drive to parade, some bright light decided to drive that antique up the long incline from near the train station. They got him fixed in no time and he made it up in plenty of time for the parade, but not before my wife had to return to us to saddle up, then sit and wait for almost an hour before we stepped off.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
All of us owners of this model owe a Big Thanks! to Tamiya and Taigen\Torro for putting one of these into our hands to build, run and enjoy. :o)
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Heavy tank.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

So should I go for a semi-gloss clear on this bad boy? that may be interesting.
sevoblast
Lance Corporal

Post by sevoblast »

This is a sort of special parade colour and it's really quite glossy as you can see from the images, and that day was full overcast. Either way, you can give it a go. I have included an image of the SU 76 to show how much gloss it has. I don't know how bright and shining they'll be this year after a full year out in the weather, but I have a good idea they will gleam like a new Benz come parade day.

Last image is of current service units on Lenina, being spiffed up before the march begins. As you can see, the color is quite similar but the gloss is not there and I would guaranty you that these units were scrubbed with toothbrushes in every nook and cranny.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”