Tamiya Jagdpanther and Plate Spinning

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Tamiya Jagdpanther and Plate Spinning

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:You’re modeling is spot on and stands among the best. I love the glass effect and I think I’ll get some of that stuff for future uses.
Love the Spitfire.
Thanks for the self-esteem booster, Jim :D . We can all do with a top-up now and then, especially in Winter- during a murderous Pandemic.
Of course, it was Richard's (Silversurfer's) tip about Micro Krystal Klear that gave me the idea. One of the numerous benefits on being on this website (apart from the jests, and esteem infusions) is the key one of sharing ideas and tips. :thumbup:
Speaking of top-ups, if you were in the Highlands right now, I'd be offering you a generous measure of single malt. (Standard scottish measures: Single; Double; 'Family size'; 'Forget-the-glass- an' gimme-the bottle-the noo'; the 'horizontal measure' and 'How on airth did I get here, y'ken, Mon?' :haha: )
Scottish measures have- in reality- always been more generous than those served south of the Border. :shh: Cheers! Incidentally, todays' slurp would be 'Jura', a single malt from the Hebrides (our Highland Islands).

This is the effect I was aiming for, by the way. I think I just about got it:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ad Lav wrote:Very subtle, just how I like them. Great work :)
Thanks a million Adam!. I've always been in thrall to the painstaking approach you've followed with your tanks, and AFVs. Not to mention your excellent taste in add-ons.
No matter how much the jeep drags you away from it, the Tamiya, HL, and Taigen habit, is going to be a hard one to break :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Did you ever end up fitting a Daryl Turner trunion set?

I am just about to order one if you want to tag one along on my order to share shipping :)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ad Lav wrote:Did you ever end up fitting a Daryl Turner trunion set?

I am just about to order one if you want to tag one along on my order to share shipping :)
No, Adam, I just stuck with the bog standard Tamiya one. I can see the ingenuity and practicality behind his design, but, in all honesty, mine is not likely to be driven a lot.
I now have so many projects- and some are actually driveable- that it's a real head scratcher deciding which one to give a session to in the garden. :problem: :D
I also have to watch how I dispense my limited funds.I think a Firefly hull is next up for draining my pension. :/ ...
Long term, I want to make a film of all the models going over an obstacle course/proving ground (yet to be created). :)
Now that you've sold off many vehicles from your exquisitely kitted out fleet, you might be able to devote more time to projects- including the full-scale one- than I can.

Thanks for the offer, though. :thumbup: Do post pics of the end result.!
Roy.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I’ll post a photo of what I got Thursday :)

Return to “Tamiya Builds”