Tamiya M551 Sheridan Build videos

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
StumpyBloke
Recruit

Post by StumpyBloke »

pitstain wrote:
StumpyBloke wrote:
pitstain wrote:Harry,
Thank you for the constructive info, and bitching about stuff is just how I roll.
there has been no weathering done yet so things will lighten up/darken down as I apply finishes.

Eastern,
Agreed on the clay like dirt, I bought splash mud that most closely matched to my eye and will be applying that quite liberally.
Bitch as much as you like, they are your videos, you don’t need anybody’s validation. I’ve enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Stumpy, never ran into so many people without a sense of humor....:)

Gotta say, one or two of these comments would certainly make me think twice about posting further videos and posts on this forum. It’s like being at the Nuremberg Trials Image

Keep doing what you’re doing... Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya M551 Sheridan Build videos

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Please don't let one or two comments stop you posting. We really are a friendly bunch. If you ever feel you are being trolled, just contact one of the mods.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Thanks guys, I am working on the FINAL chapter, Part 11 with all the weathering, however due to the nature of that task and life in general it will be a while before I am posting it.

The video will have much snark, but also some hopefully useful content.

I have tried to contact a mod in the past (edit, that was on RC universe) and they are non-existent on that particular forum, I have a thick skin, was a forum moderator myself back in the day.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

pitstain wrote: I have tried to contact a mod in the past (edit, that was on RC universe) and they are non-existent on that particular forum, I have a thick skin, was a forum moderator myself back in the day.
You will not have that problem here.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Looking forward to Pt.11 ,I enjoy your videos, as has been said don't let the whingers get you down,
and keep your videos coming. :D
I never finish anyth
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you Mr pitstain, most enjoyable videos :clap: :thumbup:

As for comments being un constructive, I'm not sure I can spot any in this thread :think:

I think the tone of the videos, with the fussy nature of Mr pitstain sort of invite constructive criticism. A lot of build threads have pointers being made to steer people on the right path. With the written word, it's not always easy to judge how things are meant. I know some people would prefer to be corrected when they want an accurate representation. And some other threads attract advice in different ways, I think the character of the original poster either attracts the rivet counters, or those that just sit back and enjoy the show.
And if anyone points out a mistake you've made in a non too constructive way, it is quite easy to go back through their past posts and find something embarrassing to remind them of ;) :haha:

And as for trolling, I'm with Mr silversurfer1947 on that.

I'm the only one allowed to troll around here, just to get my signature maximum exposure ;)
And that reminds me, just 26 hours or so till the next TOTM folks :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Thanks gunner,

This forum is really quite civilized, most trolling happens over at RC universe.

ALSO Part 11 had to be split into two chapters here is number 1

phpBB [video]
StumpyBloke
Recruit

Post by StumpyBloke »

pitstain wrote:Thanks gunner,

This forum is really quite civilized, most trolling happens over at RC universe.

ALSO Part 11 had to be split into two chapters here is number 1

phpBB [video]
I agree regarding RC Universe. There is one user in particular, a quite unpleasant individual...he’s been banned once and came back under a revised username, whom very much spoilt it for me. Moderating must be a thankless task.

Anyway, sorry, back OT...looking forward to watching this tonight. Thanks for the new vid Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Part 11 Chapter two!!

phpBB [video]
Harry Serpent
Private

Post by Harry Serpent »

Nice Part 11/1, Good information on weathering process for the newbies. :thumbup:
Now some think, my comments are Negative but they are Not.
Just My thoughts, on a Video build that has been very good . :clap:
I am sure, if you would Not like any Comments you would have Stated That in your First Post. I leave the Brown Nosing to others. :wave:
Harry Serpent Profesional Coffin Dodger.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”