Panzer 4 Tamiya restoration

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Panzer 4 Tamiya restoration

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

percy1510 wrote:Hi Rad - Recognise them decals ??
Thanks for your comment. I used the colours suggested on the Tamiya instructions so Tamiya acrylics Dark Yellow, olive green and red brown. I haven't done a massive amount of weathering. I have dry brushed some gunmetal on some of the edges to give a metallic look plus added a bit of paint chipping in a few places. I did this using a bit of sponge dipped into matt black and then dabbed on. To darken the colours the whole model was given a wash using Vallejo model wash 76.514 which is a brown recommended for light models. I left the wash on for 1 day and then took some of it back off again using Tamiya thinners so that the tank is lighter in shade on the horizontal surfaces to represent a bit of fading

Hi, yup I recognise them, glad it arrived safe and sound!

That wash (and your hand) did a really nice job, I´d better grab some. I have some MIG filter for try camo color, but it does not seem to be what I need. Also I cant achieve a nice color using the tamiya paints whatever I try... When airbrushing the camo colors, did you mix them with the yellow? Or just the plain camo colors over the model?
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
percy1510
Corporal

Re: Panzer 4 Tamiya restoration

Post by percy1510 »

Hi Rad
I didn't mix the Tamiya colours at all. They were simply thinned and sprayed. I did give the model a very light dusting over after the cammo was applied with the dark yellow just to blend everything together a bit

Return to “Tamiya Builds”