"Zorn" Panzer IV, 1951

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: "Zorn" Panzer IV, 1951

Post by EAO »

Rad,

Always loved the look of this Panzer IV of yours. Now it's even better! The Beier board sounds are fantastic! So clear, and the gunfire actually sounds like it has a bit of an echo to it, as if it's rolling off some distant hills! Very nice indeed! Too bad about the wear and tear on the running gear though, just try to think of it as a model well loved and played with! ;) Hopefully that will help take some of the sting out of it? :think:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Thanks for your kind word, guys :)

Yes, I can say I am proud of this toy, but that suspension wear kills part of the fun. I have contacted a lot of people trying to figure a way to fix it, but nobody has idea, besides getting the original parts. Pity...
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Isn’t there a Taigen lower with full metal suspension available? Maybe Forgebear or Taigen USA in Florida?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Rad, is the wear on those little round pegs or in the holes they locate in, or is it both that have worn?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Rad, is the wear on those little round pegs or in the holes they locate in, or is it both that have worn?
I am afraid the wear is in both parts. Those round pegs turn into a coned shaped, and the round holes turn into oval shapes.
Jimster wrote:Isn’t there a Taigen lower with full metal suspension available? Maybe Forgebear or Taigen USA in Florida?
Installing the suspension parts is not a straight fit, I am afraid. I did once the opposite, installing Tamiya suspension in an Asiatam panzer IV hull and it was the hell of a work, that required having a lathe. It ended being a lovely tank. That might be the only way of fixing it, though.

Replacing the entire hull might be another option too, but man, pisses me a lot.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “Tamiya Builds”