"Zorn" Panzer IV, 1951

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: My Panzer IV

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I did put a link to what it was lol.

Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Lol, now I have seen the link, Mick. Ok, you won. I owe you a kiss, LOL.

The thing is, I wanted to put the Kriegsmarine flag, but you know, here in central Europe you can even go to jail if you show (or post a photo with) a svastika... So I was not really sure what to put there until a Spanish friend gave me the idea to make my troops spanish volunteers of the 250th Division in Russia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Krasny_Bor (Worths to take a look at the link) I thought it was such a good idea, that I started to prepare the masks for the flag... And then I noticed I had no yellow paint, lol. So I took this other flag, related with them.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I had a small RC meeting around here, and I took a nice picture...
PLEASE CLICK IN THE PHOTO
61038218_1281830798634541_146217720596135936_n.jpg
Looked great until I noticed one suspension spring jumped away. Damn it!, lol
60434487_1277569702393984_5545783865630523392_n.jpg
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

A friend of mine has donated me one of his new Noteks. I love it! If you want to order one, they cost about 1,5 euros each! You can find them here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/TYQHZ ... -inventory

I also added an incorrect combined rear/brake light, just because I like it.

I am currently writting the entry of this tank for my website. All will be explained in dept and better pictures will be taken. Stay tunned!
Attachments
photo_2020-08-14_12-32-50.jpg
photo_2020-08-14_12-32-50.jpg (77.52 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Nothing wrong with adding something just because you like it. As I say below every message
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Nothing wrong with adding something just because you like it. As I say below every message
Cant agree more! But some other people dies when sees things like that.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Exhibitedbrute wrote:Nothing wrong with adding something just because you like it. As I say below every message
Cant agree more! But some other people dies when sees things like that.
Honestly screw them. As we have said to each other many times it’s a model interpretation of the real thing and though it won’t please the rivet counters. We built it and like it and that’s all there is to it
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Rad! The printed Notek Lights are a great thing! I am still waiting for one from a fellow in Germany to be shipped to Forgebear to be sent on to me. Your Pz IV is loaded with detail. That always flips my levers! Eye Candy! Exhibited Brute! I agree with you, make your vehicle as you want it. You own it, it is yours. Also, to be fair, Rivet Counters have their own place and serve a very useful purpose to the Hobby, unearthing research and in many cases, finding proof that gives Hobbyists the scope to add that detail that they like. No 'Us' and 'Them', we are all one big Hobby. Following along as usual. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Happy to see a green convoy light instead of blue. Good call my friend. Beautifully modeled tank in all aspects.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
Rad! The printed Notek Lights are a great thing! I am still waiting for one from a fellow in Germany to be shipped to Forgebear to be sent on to me. Your Pz IV is loaded with detail. That always flips my levers! Eye Candy! Exhibited Brute! I agree with you, make your vehicle as you want it. You own it, it is yours. Also, to be fair, Rivet Counters have their own place and serve a very useful purpose to the Hobby, unearthing research and in many cases, finding proof that gives Hobbyists the scope to add that detail that they like. No 'Us' and 'Them', we are all one big Hobby. Following along as usual. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Hi mate, thanks for the kind words :) And yeah, the Notek is a super cool add :) I will probably adjust the bright of it with the Elmod board, because I think at this very moment moment it might be too bright, but it is super cool nonetheless :)

With the rivet counters I guess it is a mixture of love and hate. They are very usefull and living encyclopedias to consult any question and that is unvaluable, for sure. But in my personal case I am sometimes a bit pissed. After the effort and creating some cool things some guys are only able to point the wrong details.

Just talking about this panzer, some different guys were able to say:
Zimmerit is to wide. (well, maybe, don't know)
That flag was never in a tank (No way to proof it by the way)
That camo did never exist! (Well, it seems there was at least one panzer IV like it, but it is not clear, so OK)
The troops have blue scarfs and blue gloves, shame on you! (Well, this is true, I painted it this way because I liked it, like the crew in my 1951s king tiger viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29694

And then no mention at all of the rest of the job. So for me it is a bit dissapointing... But at the other hand inspiring! It made me make my own war in my own dystopian battlefield. Walking robots and strange flying artifacts are some things I am beginning to develop for my battlefield and will be showed here when ready!

Return to “Tamiya Builds”