Sherman Firefly Turrets...........

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Re: Sherman Firefly Turrets...........

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

I used the Pershing unit on my Firefly because the Sherman lacks the recoil capacity. It sounds great.
The R975 was replaced by the Cummins Diesel of 460HP. The diesel was a better choice as the gasoline powered tanks before wet storage were often called a "Ronson" for obvious reasons.
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

The M51 didn't use a radial engine. The M50 possibly.

-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

M51 kit from Tamiya has radial sounds and recoil, you could use this in your firefly.

I used it in my M4A1E8.

The M51 with diesel sounds is very good, adds lights as well.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

For all of you smart arses - yes I do know the real M51 had a Diesel, but the MF07 that Tamiya supplies with theirs still has the radial engine sounds :/
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Tiger6 wrote:For all of you smart arses - yes I do know the real M51 had a Diesel, but the MF07 that Tamiya supplies with theirs still has the radial engine sounds :/
Better to be a smart ass than a dumb one! 8O 8O 8O

Return to “General Questions”