Panther F

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Panther F

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks, the second new project. A Tamiya based panther f, using the Taigen upper and turret. She's got some Taigen steel wheels mixed in and Taigen metal tracks. Sponsons have been removed for that aggressive late war/1946 look, anti aircraft armour on turret roof and rear deck, scratch built spare track hangers, tools and c hooks moved to the rear. I'm toying with adding skirt hangers and skirts. The Taigen recoil will be converted to servo operation, hidden battle system added and to top it off will be a tk60 or tk40 control boardImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panther F

Post by c.rainford73 »

She's a beauty. Love all the brass bits and accessories. Should be quite a beast when completed
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

tomhugill wrote:Hey folks, the second new project. A Tamiya based panther f, using the Taigen upper and turret. She's got some Taigen steel wheels mixed in and Taigen metal tracks. Sponsons have been removed for that aggressive late war/1946 look, anti aircraft armour on turret roof and rear deck, scratch built spare track hangers, tools and c hooks moved to the rear. I'm toying with adding skirt hangers and skirts. The Taigen recoil will be converted to servo operation, hidden battle system added and to top it off will be a tk60 or tk40 control board
And what parts are still Tamiya then? Hahahaha!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Marco Peter wrote:
tomhugill wrote:Hey folks, the second new project. A Tamiya based panther f, using the Taigen upper and turret. She's got some Taigen steel wheels mixed in and Taigen metal tracks. Sponsons have been removed for that aggressive late war/1946 look, anti aircraft armour on turret roof and rear deck, scratch built spare track hangers, tools and c hooks moved to the rear. I'm toying with adding skirt hangers and skirts. The Taigen recoil will be converted to servo operation, hidden battle system added and to top it off will be a tk60 or tk40 control board
And what parts are still Tamiya then? Hahahaha!
Chassis, suspension, gearboxes, idlers, most of the wheels, sprockets, back plate, speaker.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice couple of projects mate :)
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

Very nice Tom , looking forward to seeing how it turns out.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom where did the steel looking upper hull protective plates come from? Are they scratch built?? They are fantastic :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

tomhugill wrote:
Marco Peter wrote: And what parts are still Tamiya then? Hahahaha!
Chassis, suspension, gearboxes, idlers, most of the wheels, sprockets, back plate, speaker.
That's more than I thought after the list of changes! :-)
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:Tom where did the steel looking upper hull protective plates come from? Are they scratch built?? They are fantastic :clap:
Hey Carl, yeah scratch built!
Pzjgr
Recruit

Post by Pzjgr »

Very nice Panther F. You said you put in some Taigen Steel wheels in with the Tamiya, did you have to modify the Tamiya suspension arms so the Taigen wheels could fit?

The reason I ask is I want to do a Tamiya Panther G with steel wheels if possible.

Thank you,
Duane

Return to “Tamiya Builds”