Super Pershing

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Super Pershing

Post by tomhugill »

My super p has returned, big thanks to Frank for the conversion! I've fitted the correct impact tracks now (although they're backwards so need to swap them), next I need to fit a battle system. The pershing presents a tricky prospect for hiding one. The plan is to try short orifice tubes with the sensors behind them. Hopefully this will still allow a full range of hits whilst hiding the sensors in the turret. Also got a fair bit of detailing to add such as the turnbuckles, stowage baskets, storage bin handles, antenna and 50cal. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Super Pershing

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Looks great tom, do the shock absorbers move like the real thing? :thumbup:

regards john :wave:
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Looks great tom, do the shock absorbers move like the real thing? :thumbup:

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Looks great tom, do the shock absorbers move like the real thing? :thumbup:

They do indeed!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Looks great Tom, nice conversion by Frankie, it will look awesome when all detailed and painted up :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looks great, don’t see too many and the proper tracks look smart.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

This is a very nice looking tank Mr Tom. I expect it will look superb as usual when you finish it.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Tom do you where I can get a hidden IR battle system from
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

JohnWhyte wrote:Tom do you where I can get a hidden IR battle system from
Ian used to sell them but I think he's stopping but you can make them yourself very cheaply.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

A little update for you good people.

I've done a fair bit of work since last time, first up was fitting the emitter in the mantlet so I could reattach the whole think to the trunion as it had been damaged in the post. 6mm hole straight through and job done.

Next I cut down the fenders at the rear to match the real ones, I also swapped her onto a brand new Pershing chassis at this point and refitted the tracks correctly. I added the Schumo scope guards at this point too. I also had to clean off the uhu type glue which was all over the rear

Next up thanks to some keen eyes on Facebook I realised the side fenders needed cutting back to match the real one, mr.dremmel made short work here. I really makes a big difference to the overall look of the thing, much meaner. Lastly I fitted the turnbuckles. I asked woz about these and he very kindly printed some in resin for me. They're very very grateful but thankfully he sent some spares, when on the tank they're much more robust.

I'm still trying to work out if a hidden battle systems viable which will be the next stage. Still after a tamiya 50cal if anyone can help!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “Tamiya Builds”