Tamiya Tiger II (H) Sla. 16

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Topper
Corporal

Re: Tamiya Tiger II (H) Sla. 16

Post by Topper »

This build is 4 years old and the builder hasnt been on this forum since June 2021.
So I do not think I will see this KT painted.
Tom3
Recruit

Post by Tom3 »

Wonderful build. I now need to geed building!
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

The Schumo track holders are available again. I have a question regarding the gear box brace....according to DKLM you enlarge the holes in the floor and fit the hex bolts from below, although their diameter is smaller than the hole in the brace.....but, the main query is that the holes you are enlarging are actually where the support legs for the gearbox mountings fit......sooo, how exactly do you fit the gearboxes with the brace in place??
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

Hi, this doesn't explain the problem. It shows how to fit a brace in the same place by enlarging holes etc, but my point is these same holes are for the gearbox mountings themselves? With the brace in place, you are unable to fit the gearboxes??
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

From what I understand? it is not necessary you touch the two existing holes on each side of the chassis and not remove the corresponding spacer on the gearbox? which would mean that there are four out of 6 to remove? (personal opinion) have you checked whether the distance between the spacers corresponds with this new support? which indicated that the screws would come to attach directly to the location of said spacers?
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

Each gearbox has three hexagonal legs, which correspond with the three holes. Now according to the instruction the strengthener/support will now take up two of those holes on each side. The best way for this to work would be if the larger holes in the support were also hexagonal and the legs of the gearbox could fit into them and be secured by bolts from below, that way everything fits. But the holes are not hexagonal, they're round and you cannot secure the gearbox legs and support via the same hole. Are you suggesting two of the support legs on the gearbox should be removed?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Use new 4mm screws provided in kit ONLY.
Do not use longer screws. Damage may result. Extra screws are provided-save them as spares.
Remove only these four stand-off positions from bottom of gearbox.

I would say yes !!! read what is written on the right of the photo, for me it is necessary to remove the four interior spacers, and come to screw directly on the boxes? I do not remember if there is a screw on the box or if a thread? I don't think it's planned to keep the hex spacers? mechanically would not be Top. Then you have to see if the output of the motor shafts, ext. sides are OK for the centering, compared to the existing holes? make a blank presentation, before any definitive action
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

So, basically you would need to remove 2 of the 3 legs on the gearbox mountings, and just screw the one in place whist sitting the gearboxes on top of the support/strengthener. I'm not entirely convinced that's a great idea, but have others done that on here?

Return to “Tamiya Builds”