Tamiya Tiger II (H) Sla. 16

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tamiya Tiger II (H) Sla. 16

Post by tankme »

From what I see of the diagram, one of the hex screws (called a standoff) is left in place. The other two standoffs are removed...yes. The two holes left open by removing the standoffs bolt to the brace. So then you still have your three points of connection to the chassis. Two of them are just now bolted to the brace and the brace now spreads the load across more of the metal chassis.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

tankme wrote:From what I see of the diagram, one of the hex screws (called a standoff) is left in place. The other two standoffs are removed...yes. The two holes left open by removing the standoffs bolt to the brace. So then you still have your three points of connection to the chassis. Two of them are just now bolted to the brace and the brace now spreads the load across more of the metal chassis.
:thumbup:
that's what I thought, enlarging the holes for the passage of the Hexagonal spacers, would be useless in my opinion, because this support is to make this part of the chassis more rigid, moreover if we look on this forum , some realization of KT Tamiya, their manufacturers have solved the problem with a reinforcement, aluminum plate under the gearboxes, thus preserving the existing fixing system.
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

Re-inforcment aluminum plate that fits below the gearboxes, Where have you seen this?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

whitewolf wrote:Re-inforcment aluminum plate that fits below the gearboxes, Where have you seen this?
Good evening, look at the various posts on the KT Tamiya on this forum? and you will see that some members reinforce the chassis under the boxes, on the outside of the tank, with an aluminum plate, thickness 1.5 / 2 mm
it is a plate that must be cut and fixed under the frame, in some cases it is even the total dimension length / width of the frame

Return to “Tamiya Builds”