Tamiya Tiger II (H) Sla. 16

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
whitewolf
Recruit

Re: Tamiya Tiger II (H) Sla. 16

Post by whitewolf »

Hi, great build! Which metal track holders did you use on the Turret sides?
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

whitewolf wrote:Hi, great build! Which metal track holders did you use on the Turret sides?
Look at this:
n3eDNtT.jpg
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

Thanks, just what I need for my Tamiya KT! Except I can't seem to find any available anywhere....
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

whitewolf wrote:Thanks, just what I need for my Tamiya KT! Except I can't seem to find any available anywhere....
You can 'find' them here, but- and perhaps you've already seen this- they're currently out of stock. I think Axels is the exclusive dealer for Schumo parts, and so getting them elsewhere is unlikely unless a member here has a set to sell. You might try putting a speculative order in, however with Axels. Some members do, and eventually, get the bits they need. :think:
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... ies?page=2

If you happen to be in the UK, the postal charges, which were always something of a niggle, are now astronomical (and there may be other charges lurking...VAT, Customs etc..depending on value) 8O
For example, a 3.50 (£2.94) Euro MG will attract postal charges of around 24 Euros (roughly £20 :O )
That's all very sobering. :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :)
exists here, but in plastic, I personally used it without worries, just drilled and put a small brass nail before gluing to strengthen fixing, on the part in contact with the turret
0D3710E5-31CF-4A7E-8392-C08BD9560300.png
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
whitewolf wrote:Thanks, just what I need for my Tamiya KT! Except I can't seem to find any available anywhere....
You can 'find' them here, but- and perhaps you've already seen this- they're currently out of stock. I think Axels is the exclusive dealer for Schumo parts, and so getting them elsewhere is unlikely unless a member here has a set to sell. You might try putting a speculative order in, however with Axels. Some members do, and eventually, get the bits they need. :think:
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... ies?page=2

If you happen to be in the UK, the postal charges, which were always something of a niggle, are now astronomical (and there may be other charges lurking...VAT, Customs etc..depending on value) 8O
For example, a 3.50 (£2.94) Euro MG will attract postal charges of around 24 Euros (roughly £20 :O )
That's all very sobering. :/
Schumo stuff seems really difficult to obtain these days! I hand wondered if it was still being manufactured? The postal charges for Germany do seem ridiculous these days.
Capitan America
Recruit

Post by Capitan America »

Complimenti per gli optional che hai scelto per il KT Tamiya.

Uno nota stonata è aver scelto un modello da un gioco e non da una foto reale.

Ho fatto una ricerca veloce nei miei libri sul KT e non ho trovato ne la colorazione ne un KT con tutte quelle maglie dei cingoli di scorta.

Buon lavoro e buon hobby a tutti
http://www.rctankir.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is our Club in Milan, Italy
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Capitan America wrote:Complimenti per gli optional che hai scelto per il KT Tamiya.

Uno nota stonata è aver scelto un modello da un gioco e non da una foto reale.

Ho fatto una ricerca veloce nei miei libri sul KT e non ho trovato ne la colorazione ne un KT con tutte quelle maglie dei cingoli di scorta.

Buon lavoro e buon hobby a tutti
I agree with you about the excess of spare tank tracks adorning the Turret but the colour as a base was certainly in use although it was exactly that a base upon which a proper camo design was affixed,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
whitewolf
Recruit

Post by whitewolf »

Hi, which glue did you use to secure the plastic wheel inserts into the metal sections?
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hello
Really interesting build, paperclips are a great idea, Cant wait to see the painting process.
All the best
Frank
Forgebear has Mato King Tiger Metal Turret Track Holder Set for RC Tank
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... _Tank.html

Return to “Tamiya Builds”