Tamiya/wecohe/trumpeter jagdtiger

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Tamiya/wecohe/trumpeter jagdtiger

Post by tomhugill »

Thanks to Met5 I now have a rolling jagdtiger chassis. Started reassembling last night, just the one track to finish. Plan is to use the open Panzer tcb, benedini and dual X car ESC to power it and use the trumpeter jagdtiger kit for the rest!ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Tamiya/wecohe/trumpeter jagdtiger

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice mate.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Very, very interesting, Tom. :) I take it that this is the Standard Tamiya KT hull, but 'lengthened' by repositioning the idler wheel? There was a Jagdtiger conversion on here before, but most of the pics- annoyingly- have been nullified by the verdammte 'Photobucket'. >:< but he does describe the parts he used.. :think:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10654
There are quite a few builds on RCU, which you will have seen , of course. But I did see this wonderful piece of Wecohe hardware for the JT. Did you manage to get this with Met5's bits?
Wecohe's JT gun system from RCU thread
Wecohe's JT gun system from RCU thread
Wecohe gun system.jpg (43.4 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
I shall follow your build with great interest. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Very, very interesting, Tom. :) I take it that this is the Standard Tamiya KT hull, but 'lengthened' by repositioning the idler wheel? There was a Jagdtiger conversion on here before, but most of the pics- annoyingly- have been nullified by the verdammte 'Photobucket'. >:< but he does describe the parts he used.. :think:
There are quite a few builds on RCU, which you will have seen , of course. But I did see this wonderful piece of Wecohe hardware for the JT. Did you manage to get this with Met5's bits?
Wecohe gun system.jpg
Hey Roy, it's the wecohe lower hull which comes stretched to the correct length. .

That's absolutely gorgeous! Sadly not, im hoping that I can use some of the trumpeters parts to make the gun mount, we will see.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

tomhugill wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Very, very interesting, Tom. :) I take it that this is the Standard Tamiya KT hull, but 'lengthened' by repositioning the idler wheel? There was a Jagdtiger conversion on here before, but most of the pics- annoyingly- have been nullified by the verdammte 'Photobucket'. >:< but he does describe the parts he used.. :think:
Wecohe gun system.jpg
Hey Roy, it's the wecohe lower hull which comes stretched to the correct length. .

That's absolutely gorgeous! Sadly not, im hoping that I can use some of the trumpeters parts to make the gun mount, we will see.

Wow! That hull must be a real rarity. I recall posting pics a couple of years ago of the WeCoHe Panther (utterly gorgeous model, buzzing with fine detail); but discussions at the time suggested they'd gone bust (website, anyway), But I see parts available from time to time. Here are some listed on the Torro site.
https://www.torro-shop.de/WeCoHe.
They have that stamp of refinement and quality about them... :thumbup: You lucky man! Even the full Trumpeter kit has to be admired: Engine; drive couplings, radio etc. It's a pity that RC models can't easily make more use of detailed Trumpeter parts. Shelf Queens like to stay on the shelf, though, eh?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Kostyanchik
Private

Post by Kostyanchik »

At one time I dreamed of Jagdtiger Wecohe (and Panther).
Tomhugill, you just lucky!
I'm very sorry that wecohe the market has gone, but I continue to admire their developments.
Good luck in the construction!
using translator
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I found the link from before (2016), where I posted pics of a Panther work of Art from WeCoHe. It's just a timely reminder of what can be achieved:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20963&p=189785&hilit=WeCoHE#p189785
WeCoHe Panther ausf G
WeCoHe Panther ausf G
WeCoHe Panther G
WeCoHe Panther G
WeCoHe Panther G -side.jpg (51.08 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Trumpeter parts will be a pretty good substitute for WeCoHE ones; but I can only imagine what a full WeCoHe JagdTiger would have looked like. A real show stopper, I guess. :thumbup:
Sorry about the little detour, Tom..
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom congrats on this findImageI will be expecting another amazing build :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The trumpeter side of the build has arrived!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

A fairly hefty update today. I've decided to bite the bullet and make this with as much of the interior as possible. The casemate roof will be removable and I'm going to try and get in as much engine bay detail as possible.

To enable me to use the kit gun assembly some lateral thinking was required. In the kit the gun assembly sits on a socket joint who's supports bolt to the lower hull. This won't be possible on mine as I want to servo control the elevation, recoil and traverse. So I needed to make it so that I could attach this assembly to the upper. The solution was to cut the sponsons off the trumpeter lower, and attach them to my upper, this means I can attach the gun mounting to the upper, as well as being required for much of the interior detail to sit on.

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Tamiya Builds”