Tamiya/wecohe/trumpeter jagdtiger

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Tamiya/wecohe/trumpeter jagdtiger

Post by tomhugill »

Unfortunately the wecohe lower wasn't built with this in mind, the vertical pieces of the upper extend much too high. This meant chipping them down, no mean feet with my humble dremmel knock off! It was such heavy going I ended up scoring the tub and then using pliars to bend till fatigued caused it to fail. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Next phase was adding the rear plate. A chap off Facebook kindly sent me the tamiya parts (the tank coloured bits) to allow the trumpeter back plate to fit. These were attached to the trumpeter part, then the whole thing was glued to the aluminium tub.

I hesitate to say the hard parts done but I think the serious grinding and cutting is all done now. The biggest challenge will be getting the kit gun to recoil, elevate and traverse. Watch this space.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

This is looking very good, can't wait to see more progress
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

The separate roof is a great feature. I would like to have that as well. I am curious to see how you do the interior. Keep it up :thumbup:

Return to “Tamiya Builds”