KING TIGER 211,506 S.PZ.ABT,GERONSWEILER,DEC '44

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

KING TIGER 211,506 S.PZ.ABT,GERONSWEILER,DEC '44

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Team

Due to an unfortunate passing of an avid RC collector/enthusiast of cars, buggies and tanks, I have been lucky to obtain a Tamiya King Tiger, battle ready, as a project entry into my own world of Tamiya.

Now, I have an actual Tamiya in captivity..............well out of my reach for a new kit in the box.

Viewer discretion is advised......................pics could be disturbing.
You have been warned. :eh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PROJECT KING TIGER- CAUTION- PICS COULD DISTURB

Post by HERMAN BIX »

as I got it...............
Attachments
the turret roof..........
the turret roof..........
P8260045.JPG (76.69 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
P8260044.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Looks like this model's been lost in the desert for several years, or been on a massive 'walkabout' ('track about'? ) ...and partially melted as a result. :lolno: Great entry into the Tamiya world though, and love the scale boxed weaponry, HB. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

a lot of TLC and this king will be up and running again i have faith in you Herman
dave
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Nice one Mr B :thumbup:

I foresee another masterclass along the same lines as your Jagdtiger (but without the headaches).
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lovely bit of a beast Mr Herman Like it weary and worn look. Should be a treat to run as it has a reliable setup already in place!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Its getting the full make over once I clear other projects !
Will be a hell of a clean up job :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Evening, all!
Its a fact, sad or in the case of someone like Herman picking up the tank and driving it on, a hopeful and optimistic fact. All of our armor will one day be in the hands of others to upgrade and enjoy. Here is hoping that this future person will carry on the legacy of our hard work and have fun while doing so. Good on you, Herman. Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well put Mr Wolf.
In "the old Country" I was an avid military gun collector.
We in that game lived by the adage "you dont ever own history-you are merely a custodian"
In the case of a 1/16th RC Tank, I would stretch to that, but in this case, having never met the man who owned it, I still feel a duty to respect the circumstances of how I came to have it, and while its not to my taste in finish, to somehow do the man a duty to present it in a way he would perhaps be proud of.

I can see it from where I sit to 'tank' and look at it will some degree of dread to know its an actual Tamiya and as such is a new level for me to strive to get up to the next level.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Well put Mr Wolf.
In "the old Country" I was an avid military gun collector.
We in that game lived by the adage "you dont ever own history-you are merely a custodian"
In the case of a 1/16th RC Tank, I would stretch to that, but in this case, having never met the man who owned it, I still feel a duty to respect the circumstances of how I came to have it, and while its not to my taste in finish, to somehow do the man a duty to present it in a way he would perhaps be proud of.

I can see it from where I sit to 'tank' and look at it will some degree of dread to know its an actual Tamiya and as such is a new level for me to strive to get up to the next level.

Doing someone else's model justice when so much went into yet make it your own is very hard to pull of but that is what I did with the 1/6 J/P and everyone that's seen it in the flesh says it looks amazing as not many people go to high detail in 1/6 scale ,,,,, Good luck Herm !!!!!!!
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....

Return to “Tamiya Builds”