KING TIGER 211,506 S.PZ.ABT,GERONSWEILER,DEC '44

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:20 am

Team

Due to an unfortunate passing of an avid RC collector/enthusiast of cars, buggies and tanks, I have been lucky to obtain a Tamiya King Tiger, battle ready, as a project entry into my own world of Tamiya.

Now, I have an actual Tamiya in captivity..............well out of my reach for a new kit in the box.

Viewer discretion is advised......................pics could be disturbing.
You have been warned. :eh:
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:21 am

as I got it...............
Attachments
P8260044.JPG
P8260045.JPG
the turret roof..........
P8260045.JPG (76.69 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Looks like this model's been lost in the desert for several years, or been on a massive 'walkabout' ('track about'? ) ...and partially melted as a result. :lolno: Great entry into the Tamiya world though, and love the scale boxed weaponry, HB. :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
2nd Lieutenant

Postby forgebear » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 pm

a lot of TLC and this king will be up and running again i have faith in you Herman
dave
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Tiggr » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Nice one Mr B :thumbup:

I foresee another masterclass along the same lines as your Jagdtiger (but without the headaches).
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Postby c.rainford73 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:14 am

Lovely bit of a beast Mr Herman Like it weary and worn look. Should be a treat to run as it has a reliable setup already in place!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby HERMAN BIX » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:40 am

Its getting the full make over once I clear other projects !
Will be a hell of a clean up job :/
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby PainlessWolf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 am

Evening, all!
Its a fact, sad or in the case of someone like Herman picking up the tank and driving it on, a hopeful and optimistic fact. All of our armor will one day be in the hands of others to upgrade and enjoy. Here is hoping that this future person will carry on the legacy of our hard work and have fun while doing so. Good on you, Herman. Following along.
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Major

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:16 am

Well put Mr Wolf.
In "the old Country" I was an avid military gun collector.
We in that game lived by the adage "you dont ever own history-you are merely a custodian"
In the case of a 1/16th RC Tank, I would stretch to that, but in this case, having never met the man who owned it, I still feel a duty to respect the circumstances of how I came to have it, and while its not to my taste in finish, to somehow do the man a duty to present it in a way he would perhaps be proud of.

I can see it from where I sit to 'tank' and look at it will some degree of dread to know its an actual Tamiya and as such is a new level for me to strive to get up to the next level.
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby Spartan tracks » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 am

HERMAN BIX wrote:Well put Mr Wolf.
We in that game lived by the adage "you dont ever own history-you are merely a custodian"
In the case of a 1/16th RC Tank, I would stretch to that, but in this case, having never met the man who owned it, I still feel a duty to respect the circumstances of how I came to have it, and while its not to my taste in finish, to somehow do the man a duty to present it in a way he would perhaps be proud of.

I can see it from where I sit to 'tank' and look at it will some degree of dread to know its an actual Tamiya and as such is a new level for me to strive to get up to the next level.

Doing someone else's model justice when so much went into yet make it your own is very hard to pull of but that is what I did with the 1/6 J/P and everyone that's seen it in the flesh says it looks amazing as not many people go to high detail in 1/6 scale ,,,,, Good luck Herm !!!!!!!
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Postby Met5 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 pm

project stopped ?!

Met5
Private

Postby HERMAN BIX » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 pm

No mate, it’s just waiting for my F05 build to be completed.
In fact I managed to get hold of a new upper hull for it which will help tidy the thing up once I get onto it seriously,
I’ve chosen a pictures tank to copy so Ive got a path to follow too.
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby HERMAN BIX » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 pm

No mate, it’s just waiting for my F05 build to be completed.
In fact I managed to get hold of a new upper hull for it which will help tidy the thing up once I get onto it seriously,
I’ve chosen a pictures tank to copy so Ive got a path to follow too.
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby Alfa Three Five » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:10 pm

OMG Herman, this kitty was left over after Berlin's fall in '45 or what... I'm sure you will bring him to the high standard we can expect from you!

Alfa Three Five
Private

Postby Tiggr » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:09 pm

HERMAN BIX wrote:Well put Mr Wolf.

Herman - you are already on the top level mate, you are too modest. :thumbup:
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Postby Burger_Patrol1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 am

Hey Mr. Bix,
That looks like a great project, and I can't wait to see what do with the King Tiger. I respect your ideas about History, and the the way that you came about receiving this tank :thumbup: We all will eventually pass, but our Tanks will live on!!! :D

I actually have one spare parts sprue for that model if you need it....
P2120001.jpg
P2120001.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 1747 times
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Postby HERMAN BIX » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Wow Mr Burger, there sure is stuff in there I could use on this.
I would love to include your surplus hardware in my build if are happy to part with it.
Please let me know what 'arrangement' you would be happy with for me to secure these goodies.
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby Burger_Patrol1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 am

HERMAN BIX wrote:Wow Mr Burger, there sure is stuff in there I could use on this.
I would love to include your surplus hardware in my build if are happy to part with it.
Please let me know what 'arrangement' you would be happy with for me to secure these goodies.

Hey Mr. Bix,
If you don't mind paying the shipping cost...just PM me a mailing address and I will send it snail mail. :thumbup:
I can find out what it would cost to ship and let you know, if it still sounds good to you :thumbup:
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Postby HERMAN BIX » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Burger_Patrol1 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Wow Mr Burger, there sure is stuff in there I could use on this.

Hey Mr. Bix,
If you don't mind paying the shipping cost...just PM me a mailing address and I will send it snail mail. :thumbup:
I can find out what it would cost to ship and let you know, if it still sounds good to you :thumbup:

Sure does mate, let me know to Gold Coast, Australia and I can get the PM on its way.
Appreciate the opportunity ;)
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby Burger_Patrol1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:14 am

Hey Mr. Bix,
I most likely won't be able to get to the post office until Saturday, work is real busy this time a year. Putting in 16 hour days right now 8O
I will let you know for sure though :thumbup:
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Next

Return to Tamiya Builds