Tamiya Königstiger- a blitz build

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Reaper332
Corporal

Re: Tamiya Königstiger- a blitz build

Post by Reaper332 »

Nice looking KT mate .... :thumbup: They are a great looking tank I reckon.

Cheers Ken
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Reaper332 wrote:Nice looking KT mate .... :thumbup: They are a great looking tank I reckon.

Cheers Ken
Thanks a lot, Ken. Yes, it looks fairly good and runs very well, I'm relieved to say. The upper structure isn't as robust as I'd expected-- and compared to the Torro, but Tamiya KTs seem to perform well year in year out with battlers, so...we'll see.
Just realised, looking at the last two pics I've posted, that I'd left some masking tape on the MG. Och well. Nearly there. All I need now would be a few of your backdrops on one of those looping devices they use in theatres; the ones used to suggest motion. I'm a big fan of your sets and props :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A final bit of tidying up, and here's the final update pic. I'm going to experiment with Tamiya's own weathering kits but, for the moment, this represents tank recently arrived to its unit on the Eastern Front from the production line.
Of course, it's first commander would not have been pink, but painting him will probably be better placed in another section...where he can compete with Painless's infamous scary Joe. Thus, he's not part of this build..as such. :D
Tamiya KT blitz build update pic.
Tamiya KT blitz build update pic.
It all works very well. The Futuba Attack 4YWD (circa £80..imported) worked immediately with no configuring needed. That's a big plus. For anyone whose interested, I used the following channel settings in order to get HL/Taigen type
toggle controls:
DMD.......................to RX (Futuba receiver)
Ch4........................ to 4B
Ch2.........................to Ch 3
Ch 3........................To ch 2
Ch 1.........................to Ch 1.
This allows drive and throttle on the right stick, with Gun/MG/ Turret functions on the left stick . Handily, both toggles on the Futuba are self-centering. That's essential for tanks :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”