Tiger 1 #56010

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Tanker45
Recruit

Tiger 1 #56010

Post by Tanker45 »

Hello,

Will be starting to build the Tamiya Tiger 1 kit #56010 soon. What would you recommend for metal upgrade tracks?

Thank you,
Matt
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Tiger 1 #56010

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tanker45 wrote:Hello,

Will be starting to build the Tamiya Tiger 1 kit #56010 soon. What would you recommend for metal upgrade tracks?

Thank you,
Matt
Hi MattImage Mr Painless on the forum built a wonderful Tamiya Tiger I with all sorts of metal upgrades and accessories
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Our resident Tamiya buff "Tom Hugill" alongside "Painless" will be able to offer a lot of helpful advise on your Tamiya Tiger 1 Build.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Mikes Tiger 1 was built with the Tamiya kit ( tons of extras too! ) and uses an ETO set of gearboxes and an IBU2. He plans to run the tank as is until the stock Tamiya tracks show wear then he is considering metal tracks by IMPACT for it. All the rest of the running bits are stock and add-on metal with bearings installed. So if you get yourself metal tracks, plan to upgrade your gearboxes. Have fun with it, it is a Monster Kit and one of the best that Tamiya puts out. I have one of my own set aside for a Winter build. See you 'out there'
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If you want inspiration, check out the build by the Painless Wolf. If you would like to see how we lesser mortals manage, I did a thread for my Tamiya Tiger build - the first RC tank I had. At least you will see how not to do it :D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Tanker45,
Don't let these guys josh you. *chuckles* Carl, Jarndice and SS1947 are among the best builders out there. This entire Forums list of regular contributors and Admins constantly pull off stuff that makes a regular Joe like me stand agape. It's a learning experience so be a sponge, that's what I've figured out. Enjoy! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Tanker45,
Don't let these guys josh you. *chuckles* Carl, Jarndice and SS1947 are among the best builders out there. This entire Forums list of regular contributors and Admins constantly pull off stuff that makes a regular Joe like me stand agape. It's a learning experience so be a sponge, that's what I've figured out. Enjoy! ;o)
regards,
Painless
The feeling is mutual Image Lucky to be a member and that Tiger I is an awesome piece for sure.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Tanker45
Recruit

Post by Tanker45 »

Thank you all! I look forward to this build!
Tanker45
Recruit

Post by Tanker45 »

Quick question. Started the build today and wanted to know if the tension screws in step 2 are supposed to be loose.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The Tigers a great kit, mechainically no upgrades really necessary although if you have the alloy gun barrel.you might consider the metal elevation arm.

If.you want to add detail cheaply I would highly recommend the "k" sprue. This can be found at axles modellbau. Its from the old static tiger and gives early pattern mantle and air filters. Also.gives a nice DAK commander, all the bits to make the drivers and radio man's hatches open (and adds nice detail too), there's also some.extra details like butterfly nuts. Only cheap wins are the 3m antenna from mk-modellbau (has a proper rubber base and no fiddly construction like the Aber ones. Also the schumo Bosch head lamps are very cheap but really add some detail. Finally photo etch grilles really set the model off. I would.stay all these upgrades will.set you back £50-60 but make a real.difference to the finished product.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”