1/35 Tamiya Tiger

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/35 Tamiya Tiger

Post by siegfried »

Really interesting RC in this small scale, I will have to look into making one of these in 1/35.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Great work Ferny. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ferny any videos or additional pictures? I'd like to see the tank in action
Tanks alot.... :wave:
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Hi you all. Nice 35 scale Tigers I see here. I have one and will post some pictures of it here asap..Mine has the original twin metal gearbox with upgrade motors. I built the kit about 25 years ago and built enough of it so I could roll it around on its tracks but never did any detail build work so it is not finished and at some point lost the box so will need a donor kit to finish. Most of my collection of r\c Tanks has Toy grade electronics with custom work added to my taste. I have HG electronics for all the models and have started to upgrade them slowly. The electronics (2 channel rx with 2 esc's) in my Tiger have been working in there for over 20 years but would like to add turret control and such to my 1\35 scale stuff and that will require radio upgrade.

Here is a video of the Tiger running on a small test track in my condo :D This video has no commentary but rather self explanatory as to the functions of the custom ESC. Only 1 ESC here as the motors are wired in series. It has a timed function that allows it to run without input for a short while and is push button timed control with PB steering. Can be driven with one hand and often is :) I use this Tank as a Test bed for my custom ESC mods and such. I use to design wheelchair controllers and drive systems so some of that tech is in this Tiger.

https://youtu.be/FwW7SLeT8Vc
Attachments
IMG_1679.JPG
IMG_1679.JPG (89.73 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
Toy grade electronics with some enhancements runs scale speed.
Toy grade electronics with some enhancements runs scale speed.
Original twin metal gearbox 1/35 Tiger 1.
Original twin metal gearbox 1/35 Tiger 1.
IMG_1675.JPG (96.53 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Ferny wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:17 am Apologies if in the wrong place!

Had this lying around and unloved for ages so decided to bring it up date with some more modern electronics/radio.Image

It has a fly sky 6 channel radio with all the mixing done in the rx 2 cheapo escs from eBay all the servos and red gears are from rapid electronics.

Also added an elevation servo which uses the gears from the original traverse gear box.Image

The painting and weathering are not my best but I'm on the look out for a cheap donar kit to replace most of the upper hull and turret .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You are in the right place Ferny :D
Nice model Ferny. I like the gun elevation setup you came up with.
Attachments
The Tracks went bad a long time ago and now have ITL tracks from a Tamiya 1/25 Centurion. I run it now and then. It grings the gears and sputters but still moves under its own power.
The Tracks went bad a long time ago and now have ITL tracks from a Tamiya 1/25 Centurion. I run it now and then. It grings the gears and sputters but still moves under its own power.
IMG_0842.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 65 times
This Tiger has been in my collection for decades. I lost the parts to finish it in a move years ago.
This Tiger has been in my collection for decades. I lost the parts to finish it in a move years ago.
IMG_0843.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 65 times
Dual metal gearboxes. They are adjustable independently for precise track tension both sides. Oh, the gearboxes have been converted to use 130 motors.<br />72 mHz 6 channel Aircraft receiver with external track mixer board and 2 ESC's make up the radio gear.
Dual metal gearboxes. They are adjustable independently for precise track tension both sides. Oh, the gearboxes have been converted to use 130 motors.
72 mHz 6 channel Aircraft receiver with external track mixer board and 2 ESC's make up the radio gear.
IMG_0844.jpg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 65 times

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”